Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quads state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, youll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
General Laborer - Starting at $16 +$3hr/ night shift premium(Employees must commit to working only nights for a minimum of two years)- 36 / 48 hours per week
We are currently seeking General LaborerEmployees to grow with us! A general laborer position includes the opportunity to learn the printing process from the ground up and advance in a progressive environment. In this position you will assist in the creation of various well known magazines/catalogs/newspaper inserts and other related products inour Commingling department.
B Shift - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and every other Saturday night7pm - 7am
D Shift - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and every other Saturday night 7pm - 7am
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to take stacks (average 10-30 lbs) using repetitive hand/wrist movement, off of the end of a machine (2-4 feet high) and stack product on skids from floor level to 5 feet high using repetitive bending and twisting.
- The ability to remove skids (weighing up to 2400 lbs) by using a Big Joe and Hand Truck
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards (30 lbs) as needed
- Lift rolls of banding strap (60 lbs) as needed
- Moving logs as needed without lifting them (stand them up or lie them down)
- Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
- Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures ranging (5-30 lbs) off a pallet of up to 48 in height and transfer to table top work surface 42, and then place into a collator hopper.
- Ability to transfer completed bundles of product (10-30 lbs) off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets or into mail bags that potentially weigh from 5 to 75 lbs.Then place mail bags onto pallet.
- The ability to use a hand jack or motorized Raymond or Big Joe lift.
- The ability to use a computer, scissors, and tape gun.
- At least 18-years of age or older
- A solid work history
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- The ability to read and write; possess good verbal and written comprehension
Education and /or Experience
- Manufacturing experience is preferred, such as general laborer, machinist, assembly, or bindery.
- Printing or Finishing (Bindery) experience preferred, not required.
These positions may also include:
- Being involved in training and leading other crew members
- Continuous clean up and housekeeping of the production area
- Ensuring compliance with quality, safety and work rules
- Some positions may also include operation of a fork truck
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information,or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or locallaws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace