The Vice President, Risk Management Services (RMS) is responsible for leading PMA's countrywide national/large account underwriting segment. The segment underwrites workers' compensation, commercial automobile, general liability, and umbrella business in a variety of classes, primarily on a loss sensitive basis. The segment works collaboratively with a variety of partners throughout the company and leverages our strong and multi-faceted service model.
The Vice President of RMS must be technically sound in loss-sensitive underwriting, possess the ability to develop and execute a strategy and vision for the segment, oversee tactical and day-to-day execution, demonstrate exceptional leadership and management skills with an expectation of high performance and underwriting excellence.
The Vice President of RMS reports to PMA Companies' Executive Vice President & Chief Underwriting Officer.
- Ensure the profitable growth of the segment throughout the country in accordance with our corporate five-year business plan and strategy, with an emphasis on underwriting excellence.
- Oversee the production underwriting process and collaborate with corporate leadership in the development and implementation of innovative, multi-regional distribution management and growth strategies.
- Collaborate with Product Management & Development, Actuarial and Finance in connection with account-specific performance and regional, product and line of business book management activities. Monitor frequency, severity, program design and pricing.
- Work closely with Regional Vice Presidents and effectively leverage the regional management matrix structure.
- Lead and direct underwriting staff with an emphasis on coaching, learning and development, accountability, talent management and succession planning. Build a creative and collaborative atmosphere that involves problem-solving to overcome obstacles and challenges.
- Develop and maintain relationships with distribution partners.
- Oversee the segment's participation in the corporate account management process, which ensures effective internal communication and the highest levels of customer service in collaboration with the service teams.
- Partner with the leaders of PMA's Middle Market and Specialty Markets Underwriting segments.
- Administer the segment's expense budget and ensure the effective use of resources in accordance with corporate, segment and regional objectives.
- Participate in corporate and industry-related events throughout the country, such as internal and external conferences and meetings with clients, distribution partners and employees.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies, procedures, standards and laws applicable to the responsibilities of this position. Maintain a strong compliance and quality assurance culture within the segment.