The Value-Based Programs Lead supports successful value-based provider relationships with a focus on improving the provider experience and achieving path-to-value goals. The Value-Based Programs Lead provides strategic advice and guidance to functional team(s). Highly skilled with broad, advanced technical experience.
The Value-Based Programs Lead works with senior executives to develop and drive segment or enterprise-wide functional strategies. Advises one or more areas, programs or functions and provides recommendations to senior executives on matters of significance, and as an advanced subject matter expert competent to work at very high levels in multiple knowledge and functional areas across the enterprise.
- Leads the change efforts focused on improving Humana's PCP Quality Recognition Programs, including redesign and annual program updates
- Manages the integration of new program offerings across all of Humana's major lines of business into our program portfolio by coordinating with various innovation partners, market leadership and other key stakeholders
- Develops and executes initiatives to drive growth within our portfolio of programs, while helping to enabling providers to continue their journey on the value-based continuum
In addition to being a great place to work, Humana also offers industry leading benefits for all employees, starting your FIRST day of employment.
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- PTO including 7 paid holidays, one personal holiday, one day of volunteer time off, 23 days of annual PTO, parental leave, caregiving leave, and weekly well-being time
- And more
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years’ experience in Program Management, Innovation or Business Development
- 3+ years’ of health care or payer experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects, meet deadlines, and drive success in cross-functional collaboration across matrixed organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to comfortably and effectively communicate with a variety of business leaders and operators
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or other advanced degree
- Experience in value-based care payment models, programs and initiatives across multiple lines of business
- Experience with working with CMS quality rating systems and performance measures, such as Stars, HEDIS, CAHPS, HOS
This role may be supervisory in the future.
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
Work at Home/Remote Requirements
- WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Our Hiring Process
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we may contact you via text message and email to gather more information using a software platform called Modern Hire. Modern Hire Text, Scheduling and Video technologies allow you to interact with us at the time and location most convenient for you.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you may receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice, Text Messaging and/or Video interview. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
If you have additional questions regarding this role posting and are an Internal Candidate, please send them to the Ask A Recruiter persona by visiting go/Buzz and searching Ask A Recruiter! Please be sure to provide the requisition number so we may be able to research your request quicker.
In order to support the CDC recommendations on social distancing and reduce health risks for associates, members and public health, Humana is deploying virtual and video technologies for all hiring activities. This position may be subject to temporary work at home requirements for an indefinite period of time. These requirements include access to a personal computing device with a camera, a minimum internet connection speed of 10m x 1m (satellite and/or wireless internet connections are NOT permitted for Work at Home roles) and a dedicated secure home workspace for interview or work purposes. Humana continues to monitor the situation, and will adjust service levels as the coronavirus situation evolves. The following changes are temporary and will be evaluated frequently with the goal of returning to normal operations as soon as possible. Your Talent Acquisition representative will advise on the latest recommendations to protect your health and wellbeing during the hiring process. #ThriveTogether #WorkAtHome
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
Humana is more than an equal opportunity employer, Humana’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is at the heart of what we do in all of our Humana roles. Diversity is more than a commitment to us, it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all of the other fascinating characteristics that make us each uniquely wonderful.
Scheduled Weekly Hours