Maritime Region Americas seeks a Key Account Manager/Technical Service manager to join our region. The successful candidate will lead DNV’s interface with USCG. He/She will be responsible for Key Account Management and Technical Service Management towards USCG including liaison with the USCG for US Flag issues. The position will report to the Maritime Americas Regional Business Development Manager and be a member of the Regional Business Development Team.
Maritime Region Americas is has its regional headquarters in in Houston with Area leadership offices in Houston, Miami and Rio de Janeiro.
Tasks May Include
- Key Account Manager (KAM)
- Proactively market DNV as preferable class society for US Flag newbuilding projects.
- Actively build and strengthen relations within the USCG
- Arrange and facilitate regular meetings with USCG and DNV at all levels
- Systematically facilitate regular interactions with the USCG on technical, procedural and other industry matters
- Actively influence the USCG with our new ways of working using emerging technologies
- Arrange, Assist and participate in regular meetings with MSC and meetings between our Station Managers and OCMIs, establishing a uniform approach to ensure a more systematic and consistent follow up
- Build-up strong internal network with Operational Managers, Project Managers and Surveyors in handling management, approval and survey of US flag vessels in the US and abroad.
- ACP Coordinator
- Update and Maintain ACP and gain approval from the USCG for all ship types
- Liaise with with MSC and DNV head office approval centers for this purpose
- Process requests for oversight review and for further information from MSC
- Verify approvals are in compliance with USCG regulations
- Regularly follow up CFR development and facilitate proactively commenting on emerging CFR regulations
- Maintain overview of approval work on specific USCG CFR approvals
- Technical Service Manager (TSM) Duties
- Bring in foresight and proactively help in resolving potential technical challenges
- Be the primary liaison for assigned Key Accounts on technical and operational matters related to the USCG
- Train, guide and consult DNV engineers and surveyors on the USCG on rules and regulations as well as work with the USCG on our new tools and new work processes to help recognize and leverage the full value of our solutions
- Be able to independently take on external and internal project manager role for change of flag to US under ACP and MSP schemes.
- Stay up to date with USCG CFR rule changes and share that information with the applicable teams
- Detailed familiarity with Sub. M, NVIC 10-82, NVIC 10-92, ACP, MSP and other schemes required
- Train and mentor surveyors on USCG specific requirements and assist in building a full network between USCG and DNV surveyors.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Naval Architecture or Engineering or other related field
- 5 years’ experience within USCG, preferable within MSC and/or approval departments preferred
- Minimum 10 years working relevant experience required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a related Maritime Field required
- Interest for and proven understanding of the Maritime Market
- Wide knowledge of DNVs products and services
- Knowledge and broad external network with good understanding of USCG organization
- Proven skills in business planning and strategy development and execution
- Passion to meet with customers and explore their business need
- Excellent communication skills with strong command of the English language and with ability to build trust across different nationalities.
- 20% local and 10% international Travel
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Committed to DNV Values
- Interest in Business Development, sales and marketing
- Proactive, solution and result-oriented mind-set
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Candidates must be self-starter
- Able to work independently
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!