Exciting Opportunities with Share Food Program! We are looking for Truck Drivers to add to our team!
Share Food Program ("Share") is the largest-serving hunger relief organization in the Philadelphia region, and one of the largest independent food banks in the nation. Before the Covid-19 crisis began, Share distributed food to 700,000 neighbors in need each month. The need has risen sharply since early 2020-Share now serves more than 1 million each month.
Share Food Program is looking for a Truck Driver/Laborer to add to our team immediately. This driver/laborer will be responsible for making deliveries and pick-ups within the Philadelphia Region from the Share Food Program Warehouse to our partner organizations and sites as well as various warehouse tasks including but not limited to sweeping, restacking pallets, and picking orders.
In this role, the successful candidate will be able to:
- Make deliveries to Share Food Program partner pantries
- Pick up or transfer product as needed at sites around the city
- Unload deliveries at sites using pallet jack
- Stay accountable by using delivery management tools on phone provided by Share
- Assist with loading and unloading the delivery vehicle using a manual pallet jack, electric jack, or forklift
- Utilize OnFleet/Google Maps to locate delivery drop-offs
- Direct the driver when parking in tough spots, particularly when backing in
- Collect signatures as acknowledgment of product delivered and promptly returning Bills of Lading to the warehouse
- Effectively communicate with clients, relaying any concerns to Share management
- Report all delivery-related problems to warehouse dispatch team including rejected product, late deliveries, accidents, etc.
- Connect with the warehouse dispatch team to notify the driver of any changes to routes
- Keep truck beds free from debris (sweeping after shift)
- Pack, restack, and wrap pallets
- Sort donations/damaged food
- Sweep/trash removal on warehouse floor, bailer
- Ensure that all safety policies and procedures are adhered to
- Additional duties as required
The successful candidate will also meet the following qualifications:
- Proven experience working in warehousing, manufacturing, or production
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic
- High emphasis on customer service
- Ability to meet deadlines and arrive within appointment windows
- Ability to use phone programs to update delivery status and confirm deliveries
- CDL Certification Preferred
- Experience driving a truck outside of initial training period
- No major incidents in the last 12 months
- Sitting, walking, standing
- Regular heavy lifting - up to 60 lbs. at a time
- Ability to be trained on electric pallet jack and/or forklift
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.75 per hour
Share Food Program is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, parental status, age, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Share Food Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Share Food Program will make every effort to accommodate an individual when made aware of a necessary accommodation to fulfill job duties. If necessary, the organization will make a determination on reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis in accordance with ADA law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. The company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.