Transportation Mobility / ITS ENGINEER
STV is looking for an eager, experienced, and motivated Transportation Mobility / ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) Engineer that wants to elevate their career to the next level to serve as project engineer and/or project manager within our growing Mobilities Technologies group. You will work as part of an integrated team to support the planning, delivery and growth of our team working on ITS, connected/automated/electric vehicles, connected cities, broadband, transportation hub and Intelligent logistics facility planning and design projects as part of our Mobility Technologies practice.
STV is an award-winning national leader consistently ranking among the country's top companies in the design and planning of infrastructure and transportation systems. With over a 100-year distinguished history in providing comprehensive architectural, engineering, planning, environmental, and construction management services, we have evolved to include technology solutions that help reinforce being our public and private sector clients trusted advisor. Our success is the direct result of our employees' commitment to innovation and quality across all 40 offices and over 2000 people nationwide. We hire passionate people that want the opportunity to advance their career.
You'll work directly with the National Mobility Technology Director, Senior ITS Engineering Operations Manager and other business line technical disciplines of the firm to develop and expand our advanced mobility service offerings. This position has the ability to grow into a regional managing position.
Be a key member of the team of ITS professionals that include:
* Developing planning documents and design plans, specifications and estimates on various regional and national ITS and AV/CV/EV projects.
* Leading projects, project tasks and deliverables for our national clients.
* Supporting our systems and cyber security efforts within the company.
* Direct collaboration with clients.
* Development of thought leadership pieces with clients and industry forums to enhance STV's reputation in the market as well as strengthening client relationships.
* Act as a subject matter expert to provide direct technical support of emerging technologies on various national projects.
* Development of System Engineering Reports and other documents with the life-cycle of technology projects.
* Perform data analysis using Power BI for projects and proposals.
* Support grant writing for federal funds to support client initiatives.
* Present designs for review by technical and non-technical audiences
* Engage in the development of new skills and services to target emerging areas.
* Participating in local and national professional associations.
* Create social media posts to increase personal and corporate initiatives.
* Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in a related engineering (civil/electrical or traffic/transportation operations), or related discipline field.
* A minimum of 5 years of technical experience in the transportation sector.
* Effective interpersonal skills
* Experience in developing reports and PS&E packages.
* Experience with working within integrated and multi-disciplinary teams on large projects
* Experience with some of the following transportation technology and operational models: Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), traffic signals and operations, incident management, Electronic Toll Collection (ETC), Automated, Connected, and Electric Vehicles.
* Familiarity with current and emerging best practices on the planning, design, implementation and operation of Intelligent Mobility solutions
* Certification as PE and PMP is a plus