The transportation coordinator is responsible for facilitating and coordinating the transfer of Soil, Hazardous Waste, and Dredge into CE job sites and CE brokered facilities, primarily via tri-axle dump truck and roll-off container trucks.
- Dispatch inbound soil transportation
- Facilitate and coordinate inbound transportation requisition process by communicating with transporters
- Manifest coordination
- Ensure trucks follow pre-determined routes and are compliant with state GVW and other applicable limits
- Responsible for CE truck driver safety as well as general safety
- Communicate Clean Earth and job specific health and safety requirements to transporters
- Serve as liaison between transporters and CE facility personnel when off-spec material is received, resulting in re-routing of trucks
- Collect and supply transportation pricing to sales representatives
- Create and maintain transportation vendor record keeping database
- Requisition and provide transporter documents such as permits, insurance, etc.
- Track and maintain transportation related surcharges
Basic Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Sound knowledge in Microsoft Office applications required, as well as acquired competency in CORE, Connect, Gensuite, Inclassnow
- Highest level of verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent organization
- Customer focused
- Strong customer service skills - ability to effectively and independently work with customers in a forward-facing, solution-minded capacity.
- Ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and coworkers
- Ability to use a computer to communicate, create, and access information
- Ability to work in a busy, often distracting work environment
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types across multiple regions.
- Self-directed and self-motivating, with the ability to work on multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Independent thought.
- Associates degree
- DOT Hazmat certification
- Dispatch experience
- CDL A or B License
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment; paid time off, wellness benefits, employee discount program, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Call toll free (833) 209-2659 and leave your name, phone number, city and state of residence. Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. This line is dedicated to disability applications only. No other inquiries will receive a response.