Transportation Coordination Specialist
Part Time 12 :00 pm to 5:00 pm Monday-Friday
Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio (COA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing quality of life for older adults, people with disabilities, their families and caregivers. We promote choice, independence, dignity and well-being through a range of services that help people remain in their homes for as long as possible.
COA is a state-designated Area Agency on Aging, serving a 5-county region. One call to COA links people to the wide variety of agencies, information and programs that serve older adults and people with disabilities.
Our mission: Enhance lives by assisting people to remain independent through a range of quality services.
COA has more than 300 employees, more than 100 contracted providers, and an annual budget of over $77 million. COA fosters a work environment that is not only rewarding to our employees, but also empowers them to make a meaningful difference in our community.
- Answer phone calls from various customers and clients to schedule and dispatch rides.
- Operate Transportation Management System to schedule trips, dispatch drivers and communicate with transportation providers.
- Organize and route trips based on schedule and location to ensure optimal performance.
- Assist drivers with directions to destinations, as needed.
- Assist drivers and transportation providers with resolving problems or issues relating to scheduling.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with transportation providers.
- Report and record all incidents to the applicable manager.
- Document and report provider no-shows or on-time-performance issues.
- Inform transportation providers of their next-days trips and any new trips that occur.
- Monitor radio, telephone, and on-road provision of service for quality.
- Record time of departure, destination, and expected time of return.
- Provide feedback on drivers’ performance.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Adhere to home52 Transportation confidentiality policy, consumer rights and responsibilities, and HIPAA protocol as related to all individual information and interactions.