The Talent Acquisition Specialist position is responsible for interviewing, testing and referring applicants for clerical, technical, administrative and management positions throughout the company. This position must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all clerical and specialized functions in the company, a basic understanding of the company's organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Processes job requisitions.
- Partner with the hiring manager(s) to determine the best recruiting process for the position(s).
- Acts as liaison with area employment agencies and advertising agencies.
- Screens and interviews applicants.
- Coordinates appropriate employment testing.
- Conducts employment verifications.
- Extends verbal and written contingent job offers.
- Coordinates background checks and new-hire drug testing.
- Maintains employee referral program.
- Conducts the orientation of new employees.
- Follows up with the related clerical aspects of employment, such as completing health, employment, and insurance forms, notifying the department of employee's starting date and the requisition the employee is filling, etc.
- Completes weekly reports on employment activity.
- Conducts exit interviews with terminating employees.
- Perform other duties as required.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Two years of relevant experience.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
- Must maintain a valid Driver's License.
- Experience with MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Previous experience in a union environment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
* We do not provide application status due to overwhelming volume. If your skills meet our needs, we will contact you to move forward in the process.*
**EOE without regard to race, color, religion, creed, affectional or sexual orientation or sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, gender, gender identity, citizenship status, marital status, VEVRAA Federal Contractor.**
***If you have a disability and you need an accommodation to apply, please contact the Sr. Director of Talent and Development at 301-773-5500 ext. 2975***