The GBS Group, an engineering services and consulting firm, is seeking a Systems/Network Engineer to join our Philadelphia Engineering Office. The GBS Group designs and delivers high technology services and solutions to most advanced naval and maritime ships, as well as to special purpose platforms and assets. Our office is located at the Philadelphia Navy Yard, which is a dynamic urban development, offering the Philadelphia region a unique and centrally-located waterfront business campus committed to smart energy innovation and sustainability. The Navy Yard has over 20 acres of parks, one mile of waterfront trail and is located less than one-half mile from the Wells Fargo Center, Lincoln Financial Field, Citizens Bank Park, as well as the retail/entertainment center Xfinity Live!.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
The Systems/Network Engineer is responsible for acquisition, installation, operations, maintenance and usage of a complex network system, including local/wide area networks, VPNs, and switches. The Systems/Network Engineer will perform configuration, health and wellness monitoring, maintenance activities and data/trend analysis. Regular tasking will include:
- Perform networking activities - basic understanding of routing and firewalls is a MUST.
- Support installation onboard US Navy vessels.
- Execute troubleshooting and day-to-day functions (i.e., patch management).
- Support testing, document fixes and troubleshooting efforts.
- Setup windows/linux OS’s
- Resolve complex networking/routing issues.
- Conduct data path analysis.