About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Systems Architect Senior Manager (Consumer Technology). The Consumer Technology group executes the Wells Fargo Technology strategy and offers a strategic technology perspective to the lines of business (LOBs) we support. These LOBs include Consumer and Small Business Banking, Auto, Card, Retail & Merchant Services, Home Lending, and Personal Loans within Consumer Technology. In this role as Systems Architect Senior Manager, you will be reporting to the head of Architecture for Consumer Technology and leading the architecture practice for a core set of Consumer Technology domains. Your team will drive technology strategy in partnership with senior business and technology leadership partners. You will focus on application modernization, migration to and adoption of Cloud, development of domain oriented APIs, as well as design and scope of shared enterprise platforms. You will also contribute to the design of the firm-wide Banking Platform Architecture strategy and use it as a blueprint to define the firm's agile product operating model. Wells Fargo is in the midst of a multi-year transformation of our systems architecture practices and are making architecture the core of our technology strategy.
In this role, you will:
- Set and Drive Cloud and Modernization Agenda
- Transform and Lead Architecture Practice
- Lead a team that develops and maintains business system and corporate architectures
- Lead in component architecture and participate in enterprise architecture activity
- Identify compliance and risk management requirements for supported areas
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Technology Architecture & Engineering
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
- 6+ years of Technology Architecture & Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of Management experience
- 3+ years of experience with strategic planning in technology
- Demonstrated experience in building, leading, developing and retaining a high performing team of leaders
- Demonstrated experience influencing senior technology and business stakeholders
- Excellent communication (oral and written) with ability to communicate at multiple levels ranging from technologists to senior managers and executive leadership.
- Experience in architecture and/or software systems design for Consumer Technology domains.
- Experience leading medium and large-scale program architecture solutions.
- Experience leading and executing complex technology transformational programs across an enterprise.
- Experience with modern software engineering technologies and tool sets.
- Ability to effectively drive and lead operational change in an organization with Wells Fargo's size, scale and complexity.
- Extensive experience utilizing OKRs framework for focusing organizational efforts and attaining challenging goals.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the financial, operational, technical and regulatory drivers impacting a complex and dynamic global technology environment.
- Broad experience across multiple areas of technology including one or more of architecture, infrastructure, application development and engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to consult with key business partners and translate complex, technical concepts so that they are clearly understood in support of sound decisions to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience motivating and influencing groups or individuals across organizational boundaries to gain trust and confidence to make timely decisions.
$144,400.00 - $300,000.00 Annual
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.