The Staff Counsel Law Office Manager will oversee the NJ support teams handling workers’ compensation claims (currently 8 team members) out of the Moorestown, NJ office. This position will be responsible for the overall management of both support teams and will report directly to the Managing Counsel.
- Overall management of two law offices
- Direct supervision of all legal support (paralegals, legal assistants, clerks)
- Manage all Human Resource responsibilities
- Review/approve/correct timecards on bi-weekly basis and submit to payroll
- Review/approve/address PTO requests
- Execute policies and procedures set forth by Managing Attorney
- Collaboratively develop uniform work processes and procedures
- Identify and solve operational issues surrounding workflow, supplies, equipment
- Communicate, establish, and monitor policies and work processes in each office
- Establish objective metrics and goals for legal support positions
- Develop career paths for legal support positions
- Liaison between AmTrust Real Estate and Building Management, when necessary
- Prepare Supply Requisitions
- Assign and monitor all staff assignments and functions
- Assist Managing Attorney with preparation of reports
- Prepare Emergency Procedures for Office and Staffing
- Maintain office equipment
- Train all new and existing team members or delegate appropriately
- Experience working with Managing Attorneys and/or Corporate Management
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or ten years of related experience managing personnel
- Legal background
- Human Resources experience preferred
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with Managing Counsel, Attorneys, Clients, Court, Adversaries
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectuate corporate policies
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who consistently meets deadlines
- Good decision-making skills and the ability to function well under stress while working in a fast-paced environment
- General knowledge of applicable subject areas, including court rules and procedures, and the ability to learn relevant terminology, policies, and processes.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products (including One Note, SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and in using web-based applications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate sound ethics, good judgment and maintain the confidentiality of information.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.