STAFF ACCOUNTANT - HEALTHCARE DELIVERY
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Staff Accountant reports to the Manager of Finance & Business Operations. The role of Staff Accountant requires knowledge of the general ledger and preparation of the financial statements of the various entities. In addition, the employee will work with the Manager of Finance & Business Operations to complete analysis and provide information for the annual independent audits of the various health system entities that are required or requested.
Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and account analysis for Holy Redeemer Physician and Ambulatory Services, and the development and maintenance of financial, volume and productivity reporting metrics, as assigned.
CONNECTING TO MISSION:
The Leadership Team develops Holy Redeemer’s vision, objectives, strategies and tactics to achieve our mission in a way that engages both the imagination and the energies of our employees. Leaders reflect the unique strengths, values, culture, and beliefs of Holy Redeemer, inspiring all employees to Care, Comfort, and Heal for our patients, residents, clients, and each other. The Finance Department strives to contribute to this mission by working with the entire organization to provide the most positive financial climate possible, for continued caring, comforting, and healing for all in need.
- Bachelor degreed Accountant.
- One to three years accounting experience, with at least one-year experience in healthcare finance, Physician Service related preferred.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and consolidated financial statements.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft General Ledger, QuickBooks and Athena EMR is a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to have ongoing communications with members of Senior Management on a routine basis.
The individual in this position will be required to perform their job in a manner that is consistent with the mission and values of the Health System, to ensure the values of respect, compassion, justice, hospitality, holistic approach, stewardship, and collaboration are present in our interactions with one another and in the services that we provide.