Ref ID: 02760-0011882955
Classification: Staff Accountant
If you're looking to give your accounting career a boost, Robert Half currently has a Staff Accountant position open under our Full-Time Consulting division for a client in the Hamilton, NJ area. This unique opportunity as a Staff Accountant allows you to enjoy the security of full-time employment and top benefits while maintaining your flexibility, enhancing your skills and enjoying a variety of diverse clientele.
Robert Half's Full Time Consultants work with a number of different clients, so you will enjoy the advantages that accompany a position with a FORTUNE 1000® corporation while experiencing a variety of challenging engagements that are tailored to your experience, skill set and career objectives. We are looking for Staff Accountants to manage client accounts within commuting distance to any of the following: Princeton, Bridgewater, Woodbridge and/or Red Bank.
In this role, the Staff Accountant holds responsibility for preparing monthly and year-end closings, fixed asset maintenance, journal entries, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. This position spends a fair amount of time producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. Many aspects of internal reporting will be your responsibility during the monthly close. You'll also communicate with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, take part in compliance, and look over schedules for the reporting processes.
How you will make an impact
- Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed
- Maintain monthly payment schedules
- Perform month end close, journal entries with minimum supervision
- Create monthly statement analysis to be used for management reportings
- Commentate on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a useful and understandable manner
- Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Be a part of various department-wide initiatives
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Partake in annual closing processes
- Ready complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
If interested in a career with Robert Half as a Full-Time Consultant, please apply now!