At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Portfolio (UX/UI - Product Design) is required for consideration.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
As a Sr. User Experience (UX) Designer, you will help in shaping the future of Exelon by contributing to the design of a wide range of digital solutions. We’re looking for a UX Designer to bring user-centered design (UCD) principles to produce high-quality designs across platforms and technologies and for all the different touchpoints the user has with a digital solution. If you are passionate about improving people's lives through design and technology and enjoy the design process, from developing strong conceptual foundations to refining the smallest of details with quality and dignity, you could be the right fit for this position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead, coach, and engage design talent to ensure goals are met, the team is delivering to the highest quality, and the work is being done effectively.
- Contribute to the design and definition of features, along with user research needs, to enable project or product delivery to drive outcomes and ensure quality of design deliverables meet or exceed digital standards. Represent the voice of the customer and advocate for user needs, while considering business goals and technical constraints.
- Use design processes (e.g., wireframes, prototypes, personas, user research, journey maps, skills etc.) and tools, along with design presentation skills, to take digital solutions from concept to market in collaboration with stakeholders and team members.
- Maintain deep knowledge of the product design and development industry and best practices.
- Maintain a strong understanding of business objectives to ensure alignment of design strategy on a product or project.
- Practice solution design and strategy with cross functional teams and business stakeholders.
- Shape and advance core team processes to increase operational efficiency and quality.
- Coach and lead other designers assigned (Contractor and Fulltime) to their product or project team.
- Roadmap design-activities and milestones to inform staffing forecasts and budgets.
- Be an internal and external thought leader and innovator in order to educate and contribute to a healthy talent pipeline (e.g. present at events or conferences).
- Highly independent with an ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree (IT, Computer Science, Web Design, (User Experience, Design, Human Computer Interaction, Information Science etc.) and 5 - 8 years of relevant experience (including detailed annotated wireframes, UX design, user flows, user interface design, and process flows within complex applications) or 9 – 12 years of relevant experience
- A portfolio featuring a variety of design solutions across multiple platforms
- Experience planning and facilitating discovery workshops with stakeholders
- Experience with prototyping across various platforms
- Ability to work in dynamic, often ambiguous conditions requiring rapid transitions between collaborative and individual work
- Strong problem solving and analysis ability
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to coach and lead team members and collaborators
- Ability to work with remote project teams
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- A portfolio demonstrating experience with user research, user experience strategy, and user interface design
- A strong understanding of design thinking principles
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor