Facility: MOSHANNON ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position serves as a lead worker assigned by the Transportation Manager in high risk operations and high-profile federal government transportation contracts and must possess a CDL Class B with a (“P”) passenger endorsement. It also is responsible for securely transporting detainees between destinations and ensuring that the vehicles used for transportation activities are safe and properly maintained. Finally, this position assists management when unexpected problems arise to develop effective and efficient solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists management when unique or unexpected problems arise while transporting detainees. Helps to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Reviews all vehicle inspection reports. Develops summaries for Transportation management and notes commonalities from the reports. Suggests solutions as necessary.
- Ensures that all permits and licenses for all assigned vehicles are in order.
- Verifies that vehicles have the necessary safety equipment before initiating a trip. Notifies the Transportation management if there are problems before assignments.
- Properly tracks DOT HOS on Electronic Logging Devices.
- Assists with interviewing and screening of applicant Transport Officers when required.
- Reviews all necessary paperwork and reports in an accurate and thorough manner. Ensures that all reports are turned into the Transportation management according to described policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all missions meet or exceed PBNDS/FBNDS safety measures while transporting detainees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.