Comcast creates incredible technology and entertainment that connects millions of people to the moments and experiences that matter most. As Comcast evolves, we continue to look to the future - seeking out new communications technology, new opportunities, and more choices. We want to continue to provide people with the communications products and services that connect them to what’s important in their lives. Comcast is also committed to the growth of its employees and our effective digital transformation. To support our goals around innovation and learning, ULearn Solutions is looking for a learning product portfolio leader that understands Comcast Advertising and can lead a team of learning product owners. Comcast Advertising includes both Effectv and FreeWheel lines of business, and is a global leader in media, technology and advertising. Together, they create and deploy clear, compelling, strategic and impactful solutions that consider the perspective of our customers in order to drive growth for their businesses. By serving the entire premium video ecosystem, Comcast Advertising has transformed TV into the world’s most effective marketing medium.The ideal person will be a strong voice for Comcast Advertising’s role in our overarching growth goals, specifically implementing a learning product strategy that delivers impactful and radically-digital learning outcomes. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience in both project and product management. As our Sr. Manager, Comcast Advertising Products you would be accountable for the learning products that develop and support all aspects of Comcast Advertising employees’ growth across Effectv and FreeWheel. You would lead and develop a team of Product Managers tasked with maintaining the full lifecycle of learning products within your scope. Employing strong business collaboration, data intelligence, market research, and strategic thinking, you would proactively ensure all products within your scope meet the needs of our business and advance the capabilities of our employees. In this role, you would continually challenge your team to look for ways to increase the value of your learning products – through research and testing, regular refreshes, user experience, and building coherence by leveraging products across multiple functional areas. You also create and maintain product roadmaps aligned to product lifecycles and business strategy and use those roadmaps to communicate status and success to other teams in ULearn and its business partners. You thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and are not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities – in fact, you lead teams through them. Above all, you lead with curiosity and passion for learning and the achievement of team and customer success.Success in this role is predicated on your ability to fully understand the impact of Product Management has on the achievement of real employee development and adopting and practicing core skills required of sound product ownership and people leadership within a learning and development organization. You are committed to providing your Product Managers with the professional development they need to expertly own all aspects of the product lifecycle. Candidates should enjoy and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and understand the connection between the portfolios they support, the employees for whom the portfolio is designed, and the business strategy guiding the effort. Candidates must be well organized, self-motivated, and have a strong bias for action.
Builds Collaborative Relationships: Operates with OneComcast mindset, builds strong and valued working relationships across the company.
Customer Focus: Delivers on commitments to internal and external customers.
Execution Excellence: Achieves goals through operational excellence, defining a clear path to accomplish objectives.
Forward Thinking: Shapes and/or aligns efforts with Comcast’s direction, applying a long-term perspective and external awareness.
Solution Focus: Effectively analyzes issues, making sound and timely decisions and recommendations.
RESPONSIBILITIES: PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Leads the project management efforts of the team around some of the most critical aspects of the Comcast Advertising learning portfolio in a highly collaborative approach.
- Supports the creation, management, and curation of the content structure for the portfolio with the goal to allow content consolidation through product unification. This would include working with other Portfolio owners to identify like products and opportunities to leverage solutions for multiple audiences.
- Promotes and leads the efforts for the Portfolio around the Unified Product Strategy initiative with specific focus of product file storage, quality assurance, product feedback and maintenance.
- Promotes Project Management excellence and process creation.
RESPONSIBILITIES: PEOPLE LEADERSHIP
Leads a team of learning and development professionals in a highly collaborative, matrixed organization.
- Motivates and builds skills within a team of direct reports and instills a product management and process improvement culture in colleagues.
- Communicates clear and realistic expectations, providing timely and meaningful feedback.
- Coaches for growth and excellence.
- Promotes accountability.
RESPONSIBILITIES: PORTFOLIO LEADERSHIP
Market Intelligence: Understands and applies market intelligence to maintain and improve portfolio relevance and impact.
- Industry-Specific Knowledge: Monitors industry intel (e.g. publications, professional associations, etc.) to remain informed, and takes appropriate action to ensure alignment is maintained.
- Market Assessment: Monitors a variety of sources (e.g. employee engagement surveys, key performance metrics, focus group outputs, product feedback, etc.) to maintain alignment with current and emerging organizational needs.
- Stakeholder Insights: Takes cues from social and lifestyle trends based on data and insights to anticipate the impact on product stakeholder needs, preferences, positioning and messaging.
Product Strategy / Roadmap: Sets and adopts long-term strategy that translates goals and objectives into tangible results.
- Strategic Planning: Aligns portfolio with Comcast’s current goals, future strategy, and clearly defines value proposition.
- Portfolio Management: Provides integrated management of multiple products by monitoring and forecasting supply and demand to maintain differentiation and mitigate product obsolescence throughout its lifecycle.
- Minimum Viable Product: Leverages market research and insights to negotiate costs, build and time to market in the alignment with minimum viable product.
Product Conception/Curation: Identifies and incubates new product opportunities from initial design to establishing a strong business case for investment.
- Design: Rapidly evaluates the business viability of product design ideas by setting minimum parameters and iterating prototypes to further refine the user experience.
- Value Proposition: Leverages understanding of value creation process and technology capabilities to identify differentiated value propositions and tests them against consumer needs.
- Business Case: Combines knowledge of the industry, business needs and consumer preferences to rapidly develop business cases and assess the viability of product ideas through financial modeling.
- 3+ years’ of experience in learning and development, product management, or related field
- 1+ years’ of experience leading people either directly or indirectly in a highly collaborative, matrixed environment
- Subject matter expertise/Business acumen: Comcast Advertising
- Strong application of Agile project management and driving innovative thinking through Design Thinking processes
- Proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships in a matrixed organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Systems thinker, with the ability to bring together people and teams from across the organization to collaboratively create holistic product experiences
- Practical application of instructional design, change management, and organization design principles
- Proven expertise with large-scale organizational initiatives
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital learning tools and platforms
- Bachelor’s degree or actively working towards one
- People. You genuinely care about creating an inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work.
- Purpose. You want to make the world a better place, and you believe supporting learning and development is a great way to do that
- Authenticity/Transparency. You want to work in an honest and open environment, information can flow freely because it's treated with respect
- Hard work. You not only like to come up with innovative ideas, but you also want to roll up your sleeves and make them a reality.
- Fun. Though you are a consummate professional, who easily reads the room and applies the right etiquette for the environment, you approach your work and life with a spirit of fun and joy
- Positivity. You make it your mission to have good days, and provide those to others as well. When presented with a challenge, you jump in with curiosity and a commitment to learn.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.