At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Communications Specialist is responsible for developing and deploying integrated communications plans and strategies to support a variety of company initiatives. Liaises directly with internal business unit partners to coordinate content, shape messaging, and develop strategies that enhance the company’s reputation and corporate identity. Responsibilities include media relations, interaction with public relations/advertising/marketing vendors, and community outreach. Keeps track of how the priorities of the business, stakeholder priorities, and environmental forces collide to shape media consumption trends and mitigate reputational issues. Provides sound counsel and acts with a sense of urgency. Understands the changing communications landscape and is familiar with social media and brand journalism websites and is comfortable gaining insights from this data. Represents Senior Manager, Communications, in their absence.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure effective communication of company goals and initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Directly interface with internal business unit partners to develop integrated communications plans and strategies to support the company’s initiatives and ensure effective delivery of PECO messages and content to media, stakeholders, employees, and customers.
- Manage a variety of communications tasks to support leadership and initiatives, including preparation of talking points, speeches, short presentations, internal stories, and online messages.
- Coordinate media outreach and develop strong working relationships with local media and serve as company spokesperson when required.
- Support Exelon Utilities and Exelon Corporate-level projects and initiatives as needed.
- Manage vendor/agency relationships in the development of collateral, and the execution of projects.
- Position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Communications.
- Position activities are focused on integrated communications plans and strategies to support the company’s initiatives and ensure effective delivery of PECO messages and content to media, stakeholders, employees, and customers.
- Involves proactive communication planning and execution, significant writing, editing and development of communications materials, and a high level of coordination with other functions within PECO and Exelon Utilities/Exelon Corporate Communications.
- Requires strong writing, editing, project management, and presentation skills.
- Requires ability to travel.
- Operates independently with little or no supervision.
-4-year relevant degree and a minimum of 5 to 8 years experience in communications (media relations, employee communications or advertising).
- Proven, excellent communications skills both written and interpersonal.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Proven ability to be innovative and creative
- Ability to work autonomously and interface easily with senior business leaders and the local press.
- Masters degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising, or related field
- Energy business/industry knowledge
- Directly supports the Manager, Communications, or Director, Communications, as needed.
- Position activities are focused on internal and external communications to employees and external stakeholders, which support initiatives and projects developed by corporate communications and business unit organizations for broader application.
- Requires significant outreach to internal and external audiences and development of strong relationships
- Involves proactive communication planning and plan execution, project leadership and a high level of coordination with other communication functions within Corporate.
- Requires ability to develop communications strategies
- Requires ability to travel
- Works under minimal supervision.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor