Green Tree School & Services is a non-profit state licensed agency that provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to children with autism disorder and severe emotional disabilities. At Green Tree School & Services, all students are instructed based on their IEP goals and the appropriate state standards as defined but the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Green Tree School & Services in Philadelphia, PA is seeking a qualified Special Education Teacher to teach and mentor students. As a Special Education Teacher, you will play an integral role in the success of our students while overseeing the classroom team and dynamics. This is a full-time, ten-month position to provide general classroom instruction for students with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, serious Emotional Disturbance or Development Delays.
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!
- Effectively and proactively Supervise class structure and schedule.
- Maintain ongoing supervision and evaluation of all students, providing timely and constructive feedback to collaborating personnel and to participate in follow-up planning.
- Maintain documentation and vigilance of student goals and objectives, monitoring progress and reporting successes.
- Monitor and support implementation of prescribed behavior program.
- Effectively Supervise bus transitions, meals, recess, and other non- academic responsibilities.
- Participate actively in staff discussions and collaborate through communication in established team meetings.
- Implement and evaluate success of prescribed curriculum and quality instructional techniques.
- Maintain focus on “best practices”, continuously seeking new ideas and techniques to ensure student progress.
- Participate in planning and implementation of quality in-services.
- Promote social responsibility and leadership of support staff and students.
- Promote social responsibility and conflict mediation.
- Maintain a clean and orderly classroom.
- Display students work and stimulate student interest via bulletin boards and room displays.
- Maintain various classroom arrangement conducive to diverse student body.
- Ability to apply a variety of techniques and approaches to meet the range of student levels and skills.
- Ability to individualize instruction according to cognitive and academic styles of learners.
- Engage students in stimulating, multi-modality learning experience consistent with prescribed curriculum.
- Use appropriate and timely verbal de-escalation techniques whenever possible.
- Collaborate in safe physical intervention as necessary.
- Encourage students to embrace, multicultural opportunities and experiences.
Eligible Green Tree School & Services Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase items
Green Tree School & Services is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the students we serve. For more information about Green Tree School & Services careers and benefits, please visit our website www.greentreeschool.org
- 1 year(s): Teaching
- Bachelors or better in Education or related field
Licenses & Certifications
- Teacher - Spec. Ed.