UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Java development on a daily basis
- Influence high-level solution design and detailed design
- Identify ways to improve and evolve our Agile delivery practice
- Collaborate with Architect, Product Owner, QA members and peers
- Participate in daily team stand ups
- Level 2 support for production services
- IntelliJ IDEA
- HCC Kubernetes utilizing Google Anthos
- WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, Tomcat
- RESTful API principles and design
- Bash scripting
- Database modeling and scripting
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of programming and software engineering; Object Oriented Design Principles
- Good understanding of REST service implementation
- Strong Java development. Java 1.8+
- Experience in Test Driven Development and Pair Programming practices
- Experience with various test frameworks using JUnit, Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium etc
- Understanding of Enterprise Application container (e.g., Websphere)
- Understanding of Security frameworks (e.g., JWT, OATH2)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software engineer, REST, Java development, Horsham, PA, Pennsylvania