PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and develops processes and documentation for the front-end development, based on the requirements of the company.
- Collaborates effectively with the development groups to deliver projects to the satisfaction of the client in a timely fashion.
- Maintains current knowledge of the latest and newest technologies in the areas of specific relevancy to the Intranet/Internet group for utilization as appropriate within the department. Identifies and researches enhancement options and process improvements making suggestions to senior managers as needed.
- Assists with publishing to the intranet and internet when required. Business users provide documents / content to be published to the intranet and the internet. At various stages these require to be posted.
- Guide and mentor junior teammates acting as a resource with respect to the definition of development processes, methodologies and frameworks and other technical aspects of the projects and provides direction and assistance regarding working with users and the process and issues encountered with user interaction.
- Become skilled with the architecture and technology supporting the intranet and the internet, to design and develop accordingly.
- Ensure the distribution of knowledge for applications being designed and built within the team to ensure assigned jobs are completed accurately and according to schedule and that all deadlines are met.
- Ensure the design of sufficient documentation for easy and smooth hand-over of projects.
- Participate in the formulation and design of methodologies.
- Trains in developing with some of the tools available with the application server and help with simple application development, where appropriate.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 - 8 years' related experience; or a Master's degree with 3 years' experience; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Ability to architect simple and complex solutions related to integration with other applications and design.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
o Ability to express complex technical concepts in a simple effective way both verbally and in written documentation.
o Ability to work well with varying types of people from different disciplines and varying degrees of technical expertise.
o Candidate should be able to gather accurate User requirements to design and develop correctly and efficiently to deliver to the user as per their expectations.
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to present formally to users and customers during gathering requirements, workshops and feedback sessions.
- Experience working under tight deadline while maintaining high product relevance and quality.
- Detailed oriented
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.