Senior Operations Supervisor - Transportation (Supply Chain/Logistics) (Job Number: 2214997 )
We are seeking a proven leader with relevant experience and skills to join our team of transportation and logistics professionals. The chosen candidate will provide operational leadership to front-line support roles and individual contributors, to ensure the execution of daily tasks and activities including driver deliveries, loading/unloading of trailers, and customer service operations in a manner consistent with company services and cost objectives.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 5:30AM-3:30PM, some weekends may be required, and hours adjusted based on business needs
Supporting: Team of 7 office staff and 76 drivers
Experience: Transportation background, strong communicator, goal oriented, detail oriented, team player
Salary: $70,000-$75,000 annually and bonus eligible up to 12% of base salary
This role supervises most processes directly including workforce and equipment scheduling. Responsible for making corrective action and disciplinary decisions, being involved in the hiring process, and customer meetings as necessary. Reviews truck runs based on location of accounts, volume, costs, customer requirements and fleet utilization. Typical week is Mon Fri, 5:30am start; occasional weekend coverage
- Ensure day-to-day management and associate activities are in alignment with the location safety strategy, Provide associates with communication, training, feedback, and direction to ensure safe performance, Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations, including but not limited to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and OSHA regulations
- Communicate performance standards that are specific and measurable. Monitor attendance, productivity, and other performance markers and provide counseling and/or recognition to associates as needed.
- Supervise logistics operations including customer service, freight loading and unloading, dispatch and proper documentation and procedure control, Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work methods to increase productivity of dispatch/warehouse operations. Assist in new associate training, Have a thorough working knowledge of the site's operating systems in order to ensure operational compliance and correct exception resolution, Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Schedule drivers and vehicles in support of customer accounts
- Manage the utilization of equipment
Growth / Customer Experience:
- Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives, Ensure the customer knows that we are committed to helping them meet their objectives, Determine areas that could benefit from Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Maintain relationships with the customers and vendors and address customers complaints
- Properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of fleet/warehouse equipment, Work with hourly associates to ensure they understand safe and efficient operation of equipment.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
-2 - 4 years related functional experience
-High School Diploma or equivalent required
-Bachelors Degree preferred
-Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are required
-Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
-Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations :
1 Berry Drive
1 Berry Drive
Lumberton, NJ 08048
Primary Location : United States-New Jersey-Lumberton
Job : Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PL.Senior Operations Supervisor
Req ID: 2214997
id="detrack" defer src="https://d2e48ltfsb5exy.cloudfront.net/p/t.js?i=0,1" data-g="9151CBB091AF4FCEBF87A4B5C35982851537">