At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Lead Control Management Officer in Commercial and Corporate & Investment Banking Audit, providing coverage for Middle Market Banking, Commercial Capital, Investment Banking, Sales and Trading, Commercial Real Estate, International, and Control Executive. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role, you will:
- Act as an advisor to more experienced leaders in developing risk mitigation strategies for complex and highly integrated business specific risk across different business lines
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report impact of decisions and business controls to the relevant business group and enterprise function
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex current and emerging risks requiring in depth evaluation across multiple areas or the enterprise, as well as good understanding of financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, and business process management
- Provide vision, direction, and expertise to more experienced leaders on implementing innovative and significant business solutions for highly complex risks associated with business operations
- Lead and mentor Control Management project or virtual teams
- Engage with all levels of roles across the business group, and serve as an experienced advisor in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes, and controls that mitigate risks and address regulatory requirements
Required Qualifications, US:
- 8+ years of Risk Management or Financial Services Industry experience, or equivalent experience demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Strong working knowledge of Commercial Lending businesses, its products and services, and relevant risks and controls of the business
- Working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) concepts and policies across risk types (regulatory, financial crimes, credit, operational, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal); ability to concisely articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Highly professional, adaptable and pro-active mindset
- Demonstrated capability to confidently raise issues, escalate early, and engage in constructive credible challenge independently
Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Technical understanding of specific business operations, processes, products, and customer interactions where they manifest risk
Ability to operate in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate
Pro-actively resolve conflict and maintain objectivity
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, and deliver quality analysis and highly actionable management information
- Demonstrated capacity to pro-actively and independently analyze and solve problems and address risks with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements
- Expected to be in the office 3 days a week
- Due to a city-wide mandate in New York City, all individuals who perform in-person work or interact with the public during business must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an approved accommodation to be exempt from being fully vaccinated. Currently, this position falls under the scope of this mandate.
- NYC Compensation Total Base Pay Range $144,400-$300,00
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.