Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Technology Enablement & Pipeline (TE&P) team within the Chief Technology Office (CTO) is responsible for product ownership, delivery, and operational support of the Enterprise Pipeline (EPL) and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). Our strategy focuses on building a fully automated (build, deploy, and test), end-to-end pipeline that includes a community driven inner source model, establishes self-service onboarding capabilities, and integrates software development lifecycle and segregation of duties controls.
We are hiring three (3) Senior Java Software Engineers with expertise in Java to join the team responsible for engineering the enterprise build and release pipeline, specifically the Enterprise Pipeline (EPL). You will act as a lead in defining and automating the entire CI/CD process enterprise wide by building enabling capabilities to allow developers to create higher quality and more secure software, more quickly and ultimately improve quality at scale. These roles are posted as a Senior Java Software Engineer; however, the Wells Fargo job title is Software Sr Engineer.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Engineer a standardized, automated build and release solution for consumption/use by thousands of developers
- Create and follow enterprise standards for build and release automation
- Promote intellectual curiosity: learn and apply new concepts and technologies rapidly
- Innovate: develop POCs to demonstrate viability of new technologies that support business needs and will achieve automation at scale
- Problem Solve: Apply advanced technical troubleshooting capabilities to resolve complex, technical issues
- Understand the customer build, release, and deploy automation needs and provide solutions that align with Enterprise DevOps standards and Wells Fargo’s vision and values
- Provide consultation and training to application teams on the Enterprise Pipeline (EPL) and benefits wherever applicable to promote self-diagnosis and self-service potential
- Accountable for high-quality delivery of assigned projects and mentor less experience staff on projects as needed
Selected candidate will be required to work within one of the following Wells Fargo locations: Summit, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Raleigh, NC; St. Louis, MO; Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; Dallas, TX; Phoenix, AZ; or San Francisco, CA. Preference will be given to those candidates that either currently live in or are willing to relocate to one of these locations. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 3+ years of Spring framework experience such as Spring Boot
- 3+ years of experience with secure DevOps and deployment automation to cloud environments
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- .NET Core experience
- Experience utilizing PowerShell, Bash, Perl, or Python to automate complex manual tasks
- Agile experience
- Knowledge and understanding of application or software security such as: web application penetration testing, secure code review, secure static code analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of application analysis and tuning including: memory management, process or thread management, resource management
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Enterprise experience with one or more CI/CD implementation, configuration management and orchestration tools: Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, GitHub Actions, Harness IO, Spinnaker, Terraform
- Experience with one or more Cloud platforms: AWS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure
- API development experience with Apigee, Mulesoft, or a similar framework
- Grid computing / Elastic compute experience with ephemeral instances like Nuke and Pave to scale on-demand leveraging containers and tools like Kubernetes, Docker, EC2, IBM Symphony Grid, Parallel Computing, etc.
- Experience with one or more security and code quality scanning tools: SonarQube, Fortify, BlackDuck, Checkmarx
- Experience with one or more database platforms: Mongo, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL
- Experience with one or more Test Frameworks, Capabilities & Tools: Junit, Nunit, TestNG, Selenium, Appium, Lambda; Test Driven Development (TDD); Behavioral Driven Development (BDD): Cucumber/Gherkin
- Knowledge of and/or experience with any of the following: 12-factor/Cloud Native development, Kafka, GraphQL, Golang, Tekton pipelines
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.