UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare costs data. Provides management with statistical findings and conclusions. Identifies potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies. Provides data in support of actuarial, financial and utilization analyses.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within U.S as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide claims, premium, capitation and membership data in support of utilization analyses
- Perform analysis to quantify / estimate the effectiveness of medical intervention initiatives
- Perform repeatable analytics in support of medical utilization trend identification, root cause analysis
- Support medical management by performing population analytics to improve overall health outcomes and financial performance
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling and financial reporting
- Create and update automated processes
- Build financial models to perform financial analysis to improve health plan competitiveness and support reporting requirements
- Analyze reporting tools utilized by the internal customer groups
- Collaborate and communicate results and technical concepts
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis either from professional work history or educational study
- Intermediate level of proficiency working with MS Excel including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, etc.
- Basic level of proficiency working with SQL and/or SAS programming tools
- Ability to quickly learn and use computer software tools effectively
- 1+ years of experience in health care experience working with claims data and medical codes
- Intermediate skills/knowledge of query tools, database platforms, data mapping/ETL, system platforms and software packages platforms
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $58,800 to $104,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Healthcare Economics Analyst, Healthcare Economics Analysis, Data Analysis, MS Excel, Formulas, Calculations, Charts, Graphs, SQL, SAS, Claims Data, Medical Codes, Telecommute, Telecommuter