If you're the kind of thinker and leader who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, bring yourself over to Optum. You'll discover an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior HCA will be responsible for driving field based strategies in collaboration with Market Consultation leadership.
- Serve as the Relationship Owner for key markets/provider groups in collaboration with Market Leadership
- Provide guidance to team members in driving provider engagement and adoption of Optum program and provide recommendations for improvement
- Partner with business owners to identify methods to execute upon the key strategic visions and then lead the initiative to completion
- Collaborate and coordinate with stakeholders and project teams to ensure the program progresses on schedule and within budget. Assure alignment for inter-program dependencies
- Work with the business to develop program success metrics and ongoing performance metrics relative
- Provides strong leadership and judgment; effectively build and deepen relationships across business
- Create a team-oriented work climate that enables professional development and encourages creative solutions and strategies, establishes collaboration and emphasizes quality and cost
- Participate in senior level program funding and prioritization decision process
- Provide leadership, and act as an escalation point to quickly address questions or barriers
- Act as liaison to and represent senior management for change impact to program and initiative scope
- Facilitate senior leadership decision making within the scope and change management process
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance and direction through multiple layers of management and senior level professional staff
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree (BA, BS, etc), preferably in health services related discipline (nurse, clinical coder, public Health, health economics, etc)
- 5+ years of experience in working in healthcare
- Solid ability to analyze and interpret data and create tactical action plans
- Experience utilizing solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience and ability to Influence across complex networks of internal stakeholders
- Ablity to interpret data to drive results, through problem-solving, and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated ability to recommend and create a variety of training solutions based on needs
- Demonstrated ability to influence and to drive projects without formal authority
- Advanced training or degree (i.e. Master’s Degree or CPC)
- Knowledge of the Healthcare industry including physician practices, market access, insurance, managed care, organized delivery systems, STARs/HEDIS, and risk adjustment models of added value
- Intermediate level skills in MS Access and Excel
- Expertise in chronic condition areas (i.e. oncology, diabetes, etc.) is of added value
- Advanced experience as a Healthcare Advocate
- Expert level of proficiency on Healthcare Advocate Core Competencies
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Healthcare Advocate, Philadelphia, PA, Pennsylvania