The Senior Executive Assistant - Legal reports to the Senior Legal Assistant and receives functional guidance from, Assistant General Counsels, Deputy General Counsel - Labor, Employment and Regulatory Affairs, and Contract Paralegal.
- Provide administrative support to Assistant General Counsels, Deputy General Counsel – Labor, Employment and Regulatory Affairs and Contract Paralegal.
- Anticipate needs, carry out policies, implement decisions and follow through with tasks.
- Coordinate immigration filings between outside counsel and Human Resources.
- Assist Contract Paralegal in review and/or prepare confidential disclosure agreements.
- Individual must stay current and proficient with the department- technology tools provided.
- Assist with invoicing/billing functions for the Law Department.
Key Activities and Duties
- General duties include, word-processing, proofreading and filing; preparation of reports and presentation materials; drafting routine correspondence; telephone coverage; record and file maintenance; travel and meeting planning; and expense account management. CounselLink matter creating and updates.
- Assist Contract Paralegal in review/preparation of confidential disclosure agreements
- Coordinate immigration filings between outside counsel and Human Resources. Follow-up on due dates
- Assist other Law Department members with assignments
- Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements
- Participates in HES activities provided by site management and Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.)
- Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents
- Focuses on the delivery of high quality, cost-effective legal services to the Sr. Vice President & General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel – Labor, Employment and Regulatory Affairs, Manager Legal Administration, commercial attorneys, and projects as assigned. The position requires knowledge of legal and immigration procedures, processes and terminology.
Required Education and Experience
- High school degree
- 6+ years’ administrative supporting senior executive
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and communicate with staff attorneys for assignments as well as to develop strong consultative relationships with the Sr. Vice President & General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel Labor, Employment and Regulatory Affairs, Manager Legal Administration, and assigned attorneys.
- Problem solving skills.
- Position requires an independent, self-motivated, detail oriented and flexible individual with strong communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels, both within and outside the company.
- Excellent grammar and spelling; accurate typing and proofreading; proven PC skills
- Ability to act with discretion in handling confidential information.
- Professional image and accountability required.
Building on its unique set of expertise in materials science, Arkema offers a portfolio of first-class technologies to address ever-growing demand for new and sustainable materials. With the ambition to become in 2024 a pure player in Specialty Materials, the Group is structured into three complementary, resilient and highly innovative segments dedicated to Specialty Materials - Adhesive Solutions, Advanced Materials, and Coating Solutions - accounting for some 80% of Group sales, and a well-positioned and competitive Intermediates segment. Arkema offers cutting-edge technological solutions to meet the challenges of, among other things, new energies, access to water, recycling, urbanization and mobility, and fosters a permanent dialogue with all its stakeholders. The Group reported sales of €8.7 billion ($9.7 billion) in 2019, and operates in 55 countries with 20,500 employees worldwide.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Genetics, Proofreading, Copy Editor, Administrative, Science, Creative