Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Public Affairs builds trust, brand reputation, and positive business results for Wells Fargo. We enhance the company's societal impact and sustainability, execute strategic communications and brand management, and advocate for Wells Fargo's business priorities. Public Affairs includes these teams: Communications & Brand Management; Government Relations & Public Policy; Social Impact & Sustainability as well as Strategy & Transformation.
Reporting to the head of State and Local Government Relations, this position will focus on advocacy and engagement in the Northeast Region. Additionally, this individual will work closely with the broader Government Relations and Public Policy team. Preference is for this position to sit in Philadelphia, PA or New York, NY. Other locations may be considered. The Wells Fargo job code title is Government Relations & Public Policy Senior Consultant.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with policymakers and stakeholders on key issues impacting the bank, customers, and communities
- Develop an understanding of the businesses, products, strategy, and management structure in assigned market
- Interpret and analyze information on state and local public policy, regulatory or other political developments
- Advise leadership of state and local public policy developments and potential implications that affect the company
- Lead state and local lobbying activities and advise political action committee (PAC) on campaign strategies
- Assist with the design of comprehensive public affairs strategies and campaigns for assigned market
- Engage with trade associations and other outside groups to achieve objectives
Government Relations & Public Policy (GRPP) leads the company's engagement with policy makers and leaders at the federal, state, and local levels on public policy and regulatory matters that affect our ability to conduct business and serve customers. The team includes five areas of practice - Federal Government Relations, State and Local Government Relations, Public Policy Engagement, Political Programs, and External Relations - and is supported by the GRPP Compliance and Operations team.
Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date.
- 8+ years of experience in government relations or public affairs
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience working with state and local governments on public policy issues in the Northeast Region
- Experience implementing strategies to achieve public policy goals
- Experience representing the financial services industry in a lobbying capacity
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Experience building strong relationships and working across large organizations
- Experience identifying, tracking and reporting public policy issues
- Experience counseling senior leaders regarding public policy positions
- Experience working with third-party trade associations
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
To be determined
PA-Plymouth Meeting: 2240 Butler Pike - Plymouth Meeting, PA
PA-Philadelphia: 123 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.