At Armanino, you determine your career path. This means it's possible to pursue challenges you are passionate about, in industries you care about.
Armanino's Law Firm Services (LFS) group brings 30+ years of specialized tax, consulting, financial accounting, and analytical services to the legal industry.
By investing heavily in our people to achieve our strategic anchors of innovation, entrepreneurialism, and growth, we deliver best-and-only business services to law firms of all sizes through an efficient ecosystem of people, process, and technology.
Armanino is a rapidly growing, top-20 national audit, tax, and consulting firm, with a Net Promoter Score close to that of Apple and BMW, and miles ahead of the big 4. We have been named to IPA's "Best of the Best" Firms in the country and Accounting Today's "Pacesetters in Growth." We are a vibrant company and have been consistently voted as a best place to work by Accounting Today, various Business Journals, and Vault.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Lead months end close process (oversight of monthly accounting close process to ensure procedures are complete and all areas are adequately reconciled and addressed, preparation and review of reconciliation work papers, production of monthly reporting packages and financial analysis)
* Ensure quality completion of all aspects of outsourced accounting delivery, including:
* Accounts Payable (supervision of accounts payable process)
* Client Cost Accounting (ensure that costs advanced by our client law firms are properly segregated and reported)
* Trust Accounting (ensure that all our law firms' client funds held in trust are properly recorded and balanced)
* Payroll (supervision of client payrolls where necessary, working with the payroll team and/or provider)
* Treasury (cash flow management and projections)
* Client Billings (ensure the client's monthly billings are completed timely and recorded accurately)
* Accounts Receivable (ensure that clients' collections are recorded timely and accurately, adjustments are processed correctly, and delinquent accounts are appropriately addressed)
* Ensure that Armanino's monthly invoices for our services are properly and timely prepared and accounts receivable are closely managed)
* Maintain awareness of the various statutory tax requirements, such as sales and use, income, franchise, and property, and involve other members of the practice as necessary to assure compliance.
* Design, implement, document, and maintain adequate and effective processes to drive efficient workflows and streamline the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
* Design, implement, document, and improve client onboarding processes as well as internal performance scorecards
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred; Master's Degree and/or CPA a plus
* 5 years of experience working as an Accountant
* Thorough knowledge of GAAP and cash basis accounting.
* Hands on experience administering and working with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and integrated systems. Prior ERP implementation and conversion a plus
* Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret quantitative and qualitative data
* Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results
We have a community of resources that are ready and willing to support your ideas, build your skills and expand your professional network.