The Senior Coding Educator identifies opportunities to improve provider documentation and creates an education plan tailored to each assigned provider. The Senior Coding Educator work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Coding Educator will work closely with providers to identify documentation and coding improvement opportunities and give guidance around best practices in the risk adjustment methodology.
- In office 50% educating providers and office staff, 50% work at home (currently mostly virtual at this time)
- Collaborates with other departments such as Stars, Quality, Clinical and Provider Engagement
- Evaluates the office processes to provide solutions
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of Humana’s risk adjustment programs and the resources required for successful implementation
- Performs analysis of performance indicators and put together a formal presentation for reporting out to providers on a regularly scheduled basis
- Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments
- Work will require 50% travel within New England area when condition allows
In addition to being a great place to work, Humana also offers industry leading benefits for all employees, starting your FIRST day of employment.
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- PTO including 7 paid holidays, one personal holiday, one day of volunteer time off, 23 days of annual PTO, parental leave, caregiving leave, and weekly well-being time
- AHIMA or AAPC CPC (Certified Professional Coder) Certification
- 1+ year Medical record review knowledge
- 1+ year Risk Adjustment experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Problem solve complex issues
- Guide business and leadership in process improvement
- Valid driver’s license; ability to travel onsite to provider offices once travel restrictions are lifted
- Must reside in the following states(CT, VT, RI, ME, NH) or be willing to relocate to these areas
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Associate's degree
- Experience working in a Corporate or a large organization setting
- CRC certification
This position resides in the following states: CT, VT, RI, ME, NH and will have 50% travel to provider offices.
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
Work at Home/Remote Requirements
- WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Our Hiring Process
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we may contact you via text message and email to gather more information using a software platform called Modern Hire. Modern Hire Text, Scheduling and Video technologies allow you to interact with us at the time and location most convenient for you.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you may receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice, Text Messaging and/or Video interview. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews
If you have additional questions regarding this role posting and are an Internal Candidate, please send them to the Ask A Recruiter persona by visiting go/Buzz and searching Ask A Recruiter! Please be sure to provide the requisition number so we may be able to research your request quicker.
In order to support the CDC recommendations on social distancing and reduce health risks for associates, members and public health, Humana is deploying virtual and video technologies for all hiring activities. This position may be subject to temporary work at home requirements for an indefinite period of time. These requirements include access to a personal computing device with a camera, a minimum internet connection speed of 10m x 1m (satellite and/or wireless internet connections are NOT permitted for Work at Home roles) and a dedicated secure home workspace for interview or work purposes. Humana continues to monitor the situation, and will adjust service levels as the coronavirus situation evolves.
The following changes are temporary and will be evaluated frequently with the goal of returning to normal operations as soon as possible. Your Talent Acquisition representative will advise on the latest recommendations to protect your health and wellbeing during the hiring process. #ThriveTogether #WorkAtHome #LI–LM1
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
Humana is more than an equal opportunity employer, Humana’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is at the heart of what we do in all of our Humana roles. Diversity is more than a commitment to us, it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all of the other fascinating characteristics that make us each uniquely wonderful.
Scheduled Weekly Hours