Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet, healthcare and technology, with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Optum Epic Enterprise Services team is building an innovative, comprehensive Epic services capability using the collective expertise of our clinical, consulting, delivery, technology and operations teams. Our Center of Excellence, based in Nashville, TN, is bringing together some of the greatest minds in the industry to further our mission of making the health system work better for everyone. For you, that means working on high performance teams to leverage the power of technology and services delivery to improve care.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you'll drive vital projects that have strategic importance to make that mission a reality. You'll use your sharp business skills to assist in creating, controlling, and improving internal business processes. Exceptional candidates for this role will be able to demonstrate self-motivation, individual leadership, and team collaboration. Most importantly, our OEES team will foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and drive innovation for our company and our clients.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as cross-functional resource to help organize and execute against core business objectives and acting as a resource for daily operational issues
- Recommend innovative ideas, processes, and/or procedures for enhancements, additions, and modifications to improve existing systems through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Present analyses and interpretations for operational and business review and planning to leadership
- Assist leadership and other related department team members in the implementation of operational programs or projects, including planning, developing, implementing and evaluating initiatives, coordinating project activities, collaborating with project team members, and monitoring progress toward achievement
- Maximizing the value of the capabilities and products
- Support short- and long-term operational/strategic business activities through analysis
- Presentation preparation, report production, and/or database management that lead to actionable approaches by multiple segments of the business
- Utilize Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Visio
- Ensure accuracy of all deliverables including presentations, contracts, and spreadsheets, requiring interface with Finance or Compliance / Legal as necessary
- Ensure prompt escalation of challenges/issues that will impact the business and initiative delivery
- Serving as a liaison between organizational needs and Epic delivery staff
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree (2+ additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 2+ years of experience in analysis of business processes and workflows, and providing evaluations, benchmarks, and/or process improvement recommendations
- 2+ years of experience executing process improvement initiatives
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel (e.g. Pivot Table and VLookups), PowerPoint, Visio Presentation
- Experience with Agile, Lean, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies
- Healthcare and/or Epic experience
- Ability to demonstrate and have a history of team management (informal or formal), cross-team communication and leadership skills
- Solid communication and organizational skills
- Proven keen judgment and problem-solving skills-critical thinking
- Works well in a matrix environment across cross-functional teams
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Teamwork and Collaboration. Consultative and collaborative style with demonstrated ability with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain solid internal relationships as well as motivate and inspire other team members through solid consultative skills
- Demonstrates ability to build partnerships and influence others. Work across team, group and business boundaries to drive commonality and reusability in solution to real-world problems
- Demonstrate solid relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
- Reside in greater Nashville, TN or willing to relocate to Nashville
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care must go to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Epic COE Senior Business Analyst, Business Analysis, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote