- Day-1 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for eligible colleagues
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Holiday Time-Off & Flexible Scheduling
- Fully Funded Education Benefits (100% tuition coverage including books and fees)
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Enhanced benefits: pet, home & auto insurance & more
- 401(k) plan options available
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdales & Macys Stores
Bloomingdales makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdales like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Asset Protection Supervisor (APS) supports Asset Protection Management in leading the implementation and execution of all necessary asset protection programs, which includes: leading the external and internal investigations programs, executing all components of the shortage control and safety programs, and driving shortage and safety awareness within the location via all tools and resources provided. The APS will train, develop and coach the performance of the AP Associates in the location, ensuring they follow all policies and procedures as it pertains to external apprehensions, record retention, shortage control and safety programs.
The Asset Protection Supervisor must consistently act with integrity, humanity and respect. As a player coach for the AP team, the Supervisor is a role model of customer centric behavior through asset protection and good stewardship of time and resources.
- Supervise the execution of Internal Investigations and external Protection Program; ensuring staff follows all policies and procedures as they pertain to apprehensions, closed circuit television (CCTV) usage, and record retention etc.
- In conjunction with Store Leadership communicate the safety and shortage action plans/programs.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and open lines of communication between Asset Protection, Store Leadership, Store Associates, Central, and peer Asset Protection teams.
- Maintain building security; open and close the building when appropriate
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years direct experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Must satisfy licensing requirements (as required by state or local jurisdiction)
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May occasionally involve reaching above eye level, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to apprehend shoplifters
- Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in surveillance areas.
- Frequently lift/move up to 30lbs