The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Security Guard patrols the hotel and grounds. Responds to security and emergency situations in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management. Operates to the highest standards of honesty and integrity in all aspects of the position. Must be flexible with days and shift times. Shift times are 7a-3p / 3p-11p / 11p-7a.
- Conducts patrols of the property, including interior and exterior areas.
- Ensures hotel property is secure and maintained safely.
- Monitors and responds to camera feeds.
- Responds to security and emergency situations.
- Completes shift reports and reports incidents to management.
- Ensures guest and employee safety with vigilance and responsiveness.
- Exercises good judgment and decision-making ability.
- May work independently.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported through proper channels.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Check with manager/supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Any other tasks/duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience
- High school education plus schooling in law enforcement, loss prevention or related major
- One or more years of related experience
- Possesses and exhibits a high degree of honesty and integrity
- Alcohol awareness and first aid certification preferred
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand and comply with safety and security policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to understand and obtain alcohol awareness and first aid certification.
- Ability to remain calm, take proper steps, and direct others in an emergency.
- Ability to ensure release of any Company, hotel, brand, and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
- Ability to compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues, and resolve basic matters in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in and outside the hotel. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing, walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 100 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer participates in E-Verify.
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, If necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.