The Security Manager is responsible for overseeing and performing security and safety functions for the cultivation facility as well as supervising and providing coaching to site security staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interviews, hires, and trains security staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow, schedules, and assignments of security staff including security guards.
- Prepares and conducts training for new hires and current staff including training on workplace related safety and security topics.
- Provides and/or implements security and security protocols for the company and information systems.
- Takes proactive steps to provide a safe and secure working environment to staff and visitors.
- Provides specialized security for and monitors access to limited and restricted access areas such as inventory areas, network equipment areas, and employee files and confidential records.
- Conducts regular walk-throughs and security inspections for assigned facilities.
- Serves as the primary liaison to HR Business Partner concerning new employee key card activation to provide security clearance processing for new employees. Similarly, this position will deactivate employee cards upon departures and terminations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- 5years of previous experience in managing a team of onsite security personnel.
- Extensive knowledge of security protocol and procedures required.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide training on security policies and procedures.
- Comfortable with confidential and classified information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software.
- Assist in coordination of office procedures and new policies, distributing information from upper management.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by management.
- Able to stand for at least 6 hours per day and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be 21 years of age or older and able to successfully register with the states cannabis commission as an agent.
- Must comply with all laws, regulations, and policies associated with the industry.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 25 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Verano Holdings is a national, vertically-integrated operator of licensed cannabis cultivation, manufacturing and retail facilities dedicated to improving lives by providing safe access to effective organic cannabis products that enhance health and wellness and by positively impacting the communities it serves. Verano develops and produces a well-rounded suite of limited edition, fashion-forward cannabis products, which offer superior medicinal therapies and inspirational product options. It designs, builds and operates unique Zen Leaf branded dispensary environments that ensure an exceptional shopping experience with unparalleled customer service and satisfaction in both medical and adult-use markets. Verano distributes cannabis concentrates, edibles, extracts, flower and topicals under its trusted premium brands: GoldLeaf, Menta, Sweet Sins, Encore Company, Avexia and Verano.
Equal opportunity employer
Verano Holdings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.