Nemours is seeking a Security Guard to join our Nemours Children's Health team in Wilmington, Delaware. This position will be full-time, benefitted (40 hours per week).
Work schedule: Primary hours are daytime (7:00am - 4:30pm) & work at least two weekends per month.
This position is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for the patients, staff and visitors of Alfred I. DuPont Hospital for Children. The Security Officer is expected to deter unlawful, unsafe and unacceptable activities; intervene when such activities occur and investigate reports of these activities. This is accomplished by adhering to prescribed security and risk reduction strategies based on the identification, intervention, investigation, education and resolution processes.
The Security Officer is responsible for participating in departmental and hospital programs for quality assessment and improvement, identifying opportunities to improve services, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of the Nemours Foundation.
- Respond to critical events such as medical and fire emergencies providing support to patients, visitors, and staff.
- Maintain safety and security order within the hospital's domain. This includes but is not limited to providing access control, patrolling designated areas, enforcing Hospital and departmental policies, upholding parking regulations, and inspecting areas around the buildings and helipad.
- Diffuse situations involving conflict, manage threatening situations and administer behavioral restraints.
- Develop security system and protocol adaptations to improve efficiency and response to patient and visitor needs. This includes procedural editing and writing, documentation and follow-up on all security related concerns, and maintaining all security logs and pass-on ledgers.
- Risk reduction support activities such as helicopter landing management, suspicious package searches, Code Blue response, etc.
- Provide interior and exterior patrol of the facility to include vehicle assists and escorts.
- Demonstrated ability to independently perform safety and fire inspections.
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of three (3) months experience required.
- Previous security experience preferred.
- Will be required to obtain AED/CPR Certification after hire.
- Clean driving record required.