Job Title: Scientist-I (Assistant)
Location: West Point, PA
Duration: 11 + MONTHS
Bioanalytical Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop and qualify cell-based or ligand-binding based bioanalytical assays to support high priority biological and vaccine programs
. • Analyze samples using multiple platforms such as ELISA, ELISPOT, Neutralization assays or flow cytometry
• Isolate PBMCs from donors.
Assess analytical result data on acceptability using LIMS or other computer software
• Maintain documentation according to guidelines similar to GxP
• Work according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and regulatory guidance
• Maintain accurate records of ongoing projects in adherence with documentation standards
• Assist in generation and review of reports and contribute to trouble shooting efforts • Collaborate and communicate within and across the work group
• Work in a structured environment under direct to moderate supervision
• Adhere to GLP regulations and safety requirements in BSL-2
Basic Minimum Qualifications: Education: • B.S./B.A. in Molecular Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology, Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, or related biological science discipline.
The ideal candidate would possess:
• At least 1 year related laboratory experience • Working experience in a regulated environment (GxP, preferably GLP) • Experience with immunogenicity assays such as ELISA, Luminex, or MSD and/or experience in cell culture and cell based assays such as nAb assays, PBMC isolation, or ELISPOT assay. • Familiarity with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) • Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills • Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail • Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude • Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies • Ability to manage multiple projects under tight timeline and problem-solving skills • High sense of responsibility, accountability, and professional integrity.