Job Title: Scientist I (Assistant)
Duration: 12 Months
Work location: West Point, PA
- Entry level Scientist - I (Assistant) position - ideal candidate must be flexible; shift will be 9am - 6pm or 3pm - 9pm.
- Setup process equipment for lab-scale experiments.
- Prepare laboratory reagents, solutions and culture media.
- Perform lab-scale downstream processing of vaccine process intermediates.
- Perform process monitoring assays.
- Analyze, collate, track, and report data back to client staff members.
- Maintain records and test results following good laboratory practices (GLP).
- Work independently and efficiently.
- Document work clearly and perform tests accurately.
- Communicate effectively with client staff members.
- Education: B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bio/chemical Engineering, or related science 0-1 year work experience.
- At least six months related laboratory experience and performing basic biochemical assays or biologics purification steps.
- General laboratory skills, experience with pipettes.
- Operation of tangential flow filtration experience is preferred.
- Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
Required: General lab skills (chemistry 101 skills): pipetting, buffers, weighing chemicals, polarity calculations to make buffers, pH buffer adjustments, equipment pumps, gauges, basic filtration skills.