The Sandwich Artist greets and serves guests in a friendly and cheerful manner, prepares products, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional guest service is a major component of this position.Benefits include Medical, Vision & Dental; Paid Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time; 401K with Employer Match, Free Meals, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); and Working Advantage, employee discount, and rewards program.Bonuses: Sign-on bonus of $1,000.00 (paid in three installments), and Employee Referral Fee $250 (paid after 90 days)
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
- Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Performs Cash-In Procedure; accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc. during the shift.
- Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
- Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
- Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the Wash, Rinse, and Sanitize method of cleaning.
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the Subway Operations Manual: Daily Procedures.
- Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the Subway Operations Manual: Daily Procedures.
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
- Completes University of Subway courses as directed.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience: Previous food service industry and/or Quick Serve Restaurant (QSR) experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
- Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.