Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
We invite you to join our team as a Sales Manager for our MiniBulk line of business.
As a Sales Manager for Univar Solutions you will be responsible for directing the activities of a team of Sales Account Managers to achieve profitable growth for targeted products, markets, and customers and leads and coaches in the development of their selling skills.
- Creates and maintains sales territories and the assignment of accounts to maximize Sales Account Manager productivity.
- Evaluates Sales Account Manager effectiveness and productivity through the tracking of account activity and sales and margin growth. Implements improvement plans as necessary.
- Approves all customer off-list quotes and bids, coaches Sales Account Managers in identifying and utilizing market-based pricing strategies. Ensures regular reviews and updates occur.
- Plans and implements local sales plans to support Univar Solutions’ product and product/market marketing and growth strategies.
- Assists in the hiring and training of new Sales Account Managers. Training includes defining expectations, sales process, sales techniques and product/industry knowledge.
- Conducts joint sales calls with Sales Account Managers to provide first-hand coaching in the development of selling skills and to increase penetration of key accounts. Counsels and makes recommendations to improve sales techniques and increase product knowledge.
- Assists in and conducts sales and training meetings.
- Performs a territory review with each Sales Account Manager at least 4 times annually, ensuring territory plans and account growth plans are documented and updated.
- Implements, advocates, and utilizes a CRM system. Uses the CRM system as the primary business system to maintain customer profiles, contacts, work notes, and activity management. Ensures Sales Account Managers consistently and accurate utilize the CRM.
- Safeguards all company assets including account/territory knowledge.
- Acts as a liaison between sales support personnel, account representatives, operations, administrative services and Sales Account Managers to improve overall sales effectiveness and customer satisfaction. Ensures proper communication of customer product volume changes and specific service needs.
- Ensures proper communication between local sales and corporate account, and that support actions required are implemented.
- Recommends product line opportunities, new products, and new sales initiatives.
- Coordinates and administers corporate personnel policies and programs within assigned territory and area of responsibility.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in sales/commercial positions with a proven track record of success
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing a successful commercial strategy
- Proven sales management experience leading a technical sales team, and leadership skills in coaching and team building
- Strong understanding of how to execute and educate through the full sales cycle
- Highly developed selling, financial management and organizational skills
- Ability to diagnose and leverage the strengths of others effectively to achieve sales goals
- Ability to develop and grow strong relationships with key customer contacts and suppliers
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to manage KPI’s, pricing and marketing strategies, and external market factors to drive business results
- High level of decision-making ability balancing customer needs and company objectives
- Broad knowledge of chemical distribution – sales, marketing, financial, procurement
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong PC skills including Excel, Outlook, CRM (Salesforce)
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.