The Assistant Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service to the members of the Fitness Center. The Assistant Manager will assist in overseeing the operations of the Fitness Center with regards to service, education, programming, exercise training, and all additional fitness and educational services. Also responsible for assisting additional fitness center staff including additional group exercise instructors or part time help. They will work with both senior management and property management on collaborative marketing efforts for the fitness center.
Experience working with an older demographic, a plus
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meet standards for superior service
- Staff the fitness center 40 hours per week within a designated schedule
- Meet with designated management on regular basis
- Help market and promote membership drives
- Assist in the development and execution of an annual marketing and program plan
- Develop and provide short and long-term fitness center goals
- Provide tours and enrollment of members
- Manage the membership for the fitness center
- Teach a minimum of 3 group exercise classes per week
- Perform fitness assessments for members
- Provide individualized exercise programs to new members
- Provide floor supervision to all members
- Provide personal training for members wishing to use this fee based service
- Assist in the delivery of fitness center promotions and other communications
- Assist in incentive programs and site wellness programs, e.g., seminars/workshops
- Assist daily operational duties for facility, data entry, etc.
- Assist daily cleaning/light maintenance duties for the exercise equipment
- Assist the smooth operation of the equipment by working with the appropriate service vendors
Salary range of $35,000-$37,000 depending on experience with opportunities to earn additional income through personal training and fee based classes.