$8,000 Sign On/Retention Bonus!!
Come work with the best! Here at The Visiting Nurse Association of Philadelphia, our mission is to provide comprehensive, high quality home health, palliative, and end of life care to all people, regardless of their ability to pay. Our team enjoys comprehensive benefits, continued education and training opportunities, and community involvement opportunities. If you're looking to take the next step in your career, we'd love to hear from you! Apply today and be a part of #theVNAPhiladelphiaDifference.
We are looking for a Hospice Nurse to provide care and support to terminally ill patients. Your presence and services should bring comfort to the person who faces the end of their lives and help them reach acceptance and peace of mind. For this role, you need to be a registered nurse who sees the value of hospice care in alleviating pain and suffering. A compassionate nature and excellent interpersonal skills will make you a good candidate for this position. We expect you to be knowledgeable in caring for the terminally ill, performing tasks such as administering medication and providing emotional support. The goal is to help patients live their final days with dignity and comfort.
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Continuing education credits, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Flexible spending account, Free parking, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Prescription drug insurance, Referral program, Travel reimbursement, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay, Signing bonus
Reports To: Hospice Patient Care Manager
Position Summary: Provide professional skilled nursing services to Hospice patients/families in the home or appropriate settings in accordance with standard of professional hospice nursing practice as well as agency policies, procedures, and standards. When appropriate admits patients into the program
Essential Functions: Collaborates with other members of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team, client, family, attending physician, other nurses, medical director, social worker, volunteer, and clergy in designing the plan of care for the patient and family through regularly scheduled team meetings and through intermittent contacts as indicated.
- Systematically collects data that are comprehensive, accurate, continuous, and current.
- Uses assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current pain and symptom control interventions and applies this knowledge to care appropriately.
- Reflects sensitivity to special needs of clients from diverse cultures as these needs apply to dying, quality of life, and ethical dilemmas.
- Provides nursing care to patients through regularly scheduled visits and on-call visits as assigned.
- Understands, facilitates, and documents the elements and processes of ethical decision making for clients and families.
- Continuously updates and adjusts care via documented nursing actions which are consistent with recognizing nursing theories and establishes knowledge.
- Supervises Home Health Aide in carrying out the established plan of care and evaluates the effectiveness of the services.
- Teaches and counsels family members, as well as patient, regarding nursing care and emotional needs.
- Participates in Volunteer Training and support groups, Bereavement Support Group, and other community programs as assigned.
- Participates, as appropriate, in the Agency's educational activities, including new employee orientation and professional student clinical training and Agency staff education programs.
- Interprets Hospice and VNA services and programs to individuals/families and personnel of other agencies.
- Complies with Agency's personnel policies and procedures.
- May perform other responsibilities relevant to the position as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Current, valid license from Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a Registered Nurse.
- One year's experience in provision of relevant direct patient care.
- Possession of automobile, valid driver's license, and auto insurance.
- Availability and ability to be on-call on a regular rotating basis.
- Knowledge or experience using home-care home-base EMR system.
Education: Graduate of an NLN-approved and state accredited program for nursing
What We Offer
- Paid vacation and paid sick time
- Medical insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Paid life insurance
- 403(b) retirement account (with employer contribution after 1 year)
- Tuition reimbursement
- $500 continuing education reimbursement
- 4 paid education days
- Employee recognition
- Community involvement opportunities
We are closely monitoring coronavirus (COVID-19) and following all recommended guidelines. _
NOTHING is more important to The Visiting Nurse Association than the safety of our applicants, staff, and clients. As a result, we are taking all precautions to create a safe work environment for our staff, and provide PPE to all employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
We are closely monitoring coronavirus (COVID-19) and following all CDC recommended guidelines. We hold vaccine clinics for our staff and their immediate family members residing in the same household.