Under the supervision of the Office Manager, Nurse Manager, or Physician, the Office Nurse functions within the Professional Nursing Law, according to professional standards, and his/her level of knowledge and experience. He/she assumes responsibility and accountability for patient care and works with a physician to provide an environment that ensures optimum care. Provides care for patients ranging in age from ages 0-100+.
- Meets all standards of the Patient Satisfaction Initiative Criteria in order to make AMH the hospital of choice for patients and employees.
- Screens patient telephone calls regarding medical problems.
- Prioritizes calls according to patient's needs by assessing patient's condition.
- Collaborates with physician to implement and evaluate care in a knowledgeable and skillful manner. Ensure immediate intervention is met and document such as designated by practice.
- Collects and documents initial history from patient, reviews patient chart (problems and medication lists), performs appropriate nursing assessments, assist physicians with examinations and various diagnostic procedures, such as venipuncture, injections, EKG, etc.
- Provides health education to patients and their families about immediate and preventive care. Provides verbal instructions, demonstration and written materials. Documents patient and family needs. Individualizes teaching plan. Evaluate effectiveness of teaching.
- Under supervision of physician, administers medications (including injections) recognizing and responding when immediate intervention is needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing.
- Registered Nurse license from the Commonwealth of PA
- CPR Certified
- 1-3 years nursing experience preferred. 1-2 medical office experience preferred.
Conditions of Employment
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson's clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.
Conditions of Employment
Since this position will require the selected candidate to engage in regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training, you will be required to meet the requirements of the Child Protective Services Act, including the Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check, the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare child abuse criminal background clearance, and an FBI finger print based federal criminal records check. The selected candidate will not be allowed to commence working until all three (3) are completed satisfactorily.
Jefferson includes Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health, a dynamic university and health system with broad reach across the Delaware Valley. Jefferson is the second largest employer in Philadelphia and the largest health system in Philadelphia based on total licensed beds.
Through the merger of Thomas Jefferson University and Philadelphia University in 2017, our University includes ten colleges and four schools. We are an NCAA Division II university and an R2 national doctoral university offering undergraduate and graduate-level programs that provide students with a forward-thinking education in architecture, business, design, engineering, fashion and textiles, health, medicine and social science.
Jefferson Health, the clinical arm of Thomas Jefferson University, has grown from a three-hospital academic health center in 2015, to an 18-hospital health system through mergers and combinations that include hospitals at Abington Health, Aria Health, Kennedy Health, Magee Rehabilitation and Einstein Healthcare Network. We have over 50 outpatient and urgent care centers; ten Magnet®-designated hospitals (recognized by the ANCC for nursing excellence); the NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center (one of only 70 in the country and one of only two in the region); and one of the largest faculty-based telehealth networks in the country. In 2021, Jefferson Health became the sole owner of HealthPartners Plan, a not-for-profit health maintenance organization in Southeastern Pennsylvania. We are the first health system regionally to create an aligned payer-provider partnership.
Jefferson's mission, vision and values create an organization that attracts the best and the brightest students, faculty, staff, and healthcare professionals, as well as the most visionary leaders to drive exceptional results.
- OUR MISSION: We improve lives.
- OUR VISION: Reimagining health, education and discovery to create unparalleled value
- OUR VALUES: Put People First, Be Bold & Think Differently and Do the Right Thing
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.