REAL ESTATE LEGAL COORDINATOR (REPOST) - https://www.wilmingtonde.gov/Home/Components/JobPosts/Job/1339/195
- Salary/Pay Rate:P - $52,438 to $63,377
- Researches and initiates legal documents necessary to expose tax delinquency or vacant properties to the Sherriff Sale process.
- Provides real estate support assistance for major economic development projects initiated by the City.
- Backup for the prosecution of Housing and Building Code violations by performing owner verification searches and testifying as to ownership or properties in the Justices of the Peace Courts as needed.
- Supports the Nuisance Property Administrator, when needed, by working closely with other departments to identify problem properties and landowners within the community and to develop programs and policies to effectively target repeat offenders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree supplemented by a certificate in paralegal studies or completion of one year of law school strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the procedures used to conduct title searches and lien searches in New Castle County.
- Thorough knowledge of property descriptions as pertaining to tax assessment maps, property lines and their importance in determining ownership.
- Thorough knowledge of the various documents which relate to real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
- Thorough knowledge of conventional and computerized legal research techniques including internet resources and applicable software.
- Must be able to resolve issues timely and effectively to minimize possible adverse financial consequences to the City.
- Ability to work accurately and independently with minimal direct supervision and be able to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to review many sources of information and extract pertinent facts.
- Must be able to interact with members of the public, the legal and banking communities, and court personnel.