SP Industries, is looking for a Quality Engineer to join its world class team to facilitate the quality support of multiple complex projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. The Quality Engineer will ensure that quality requirements are aligned with the business strategies; that it is being applied consistently & correctly across the processes and projects; and that they will achieve the stated requirements safely and efficiently to the satisfaction of the customers. This individual should be a dynamic high energy professional who is looking for building a rewarding future in developing best-in-class quality systems and processes for projects for the food, drug and chemical batch process capital equipment and sub-systems within the domestic manufacturing facilities of the company and, as needed, at specific customer sites worldwide.
Location: This position will be based in Warminster, PA.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work HANDS-ON with shop floor personnel, Project Managers, Sales, Design and Manufacturing Engineers to ensure custom engineered projects meet customer and quality testing requirements
- Support the site’s ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System QMS, Internal Auditing and CAPA process
- Develops and implements plans to meet the quality system requirements of projects and project quality plans
- Supports the Project Manager(s) during the Quality Gates management reviews and conducts a previous quality assessment for each quality gate
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators for the project and reports progress on a regular cadence
- Monitors the activities described in the project plans, relative to the quality of the project, which have implications in the contract, and ensures that project activities are integrated with the procedures and processes of the SP Quality Management System.
- Applies continuous improvement techniques and aligns or improves any plans or processes that deviates during the project.
- Participate in Project kick-off meetings, project metrics development and Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Assist in development and facilitation of Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) protocols with the Project managers and team
- Partner with engineering and test technicians on Factory Acceptance Testing protocols, and documenting areas of continuous improvements for project management of design changes, enhancements or customer change orders affecting the system or project
- Ensure User Requirement Specifications (URS) releases for production and suppliers are accurate to specification and on schedule to include using 8D and A3 disciplines to conduct investigations to identify RCCA on in-process production and supply chain delays to mitigate risk on critical path and long lead items
- Working with engineering and supply chain teams, ensure supplier inspection & testing is complete and to specification
- Ensure critical material certifications, calibrations, heat lot# and traceability is captured, maintained and organized by project visually identified in accurate in inventory for traceability and customer documentation packages
- Work closely with the technical writing team to understand and ensure engineered system requirements, test documentation, operating procedures and project deliverables are accurate and on-schedule
- Collaborate with the project management team to ensure effective configuration controls and traceability management for complex product mix requirements. (Doc controls, Traceability, Calibration certifications, supplier part certifications etc…)
- Participate in design review and releases into purchasing, planning and production
- Participate as needed in custom engineered supplier audit and/or release inspections of components or parts to ensure specification and quality requirements are met prior to shipment to SP
- Review and monitor the effectiveness of various processes through the retrieval and analysis of data.
- Ensure sustainment of implemented improvements through monitoring data trends.
- Use a data-driven approach to achieve early problem identification and effective resolution.
- Conduct programs to establish project process requirements, design, mapping and evaluation for continuous improvements
- Provide regular reports and actively participate in engineering and production meetings.
- Identifies and evaluates opportunities, risk, deficiencies while working with internal departments/business units to deliver the appropriate remedies and subsequently test, track and verify the solutions.
- Create and deliver relevant ongoing communications and metric scorecards, FAT punch list defect trends to respective management, program teams and business teams for review and continuous improvement.
Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Engineering with 2-3 years minimum post-graduation experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment
- Candidates working in the following roles with solid foundational training and use of the Lean Six Sigma Quality tool set will also be considered: Industrial Engineers, Process Engineers or Mfg. Engineers
- Experience in FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing), resolving customer facing and field service/warranty issues a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Quality Systems such as – ISO 9001:2015, TS16949, AS9100, 13485 etc…
- Compliance Experience with: ASME Code Pressure Vessels, certified welding, refrigerant systems experience a plus
- Proven skills in quality improvement techniques (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Worked within a matrixed organization and have had responsibility for a number of large project sites with respect to quality
- Strong capabilities in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Data-driven and capabilities in using Power BI and/or other data capture tools
- Supplier Quality experience – Manufacturing processes, welding, machining, pressure testing, hydraulics, controls engineering
- Ability to breakdown complex problems into manageable projects, creating logical plans and schedules for others in the team to achieve the organizations goals
- Ability to solve problems and assume a leadership role with cross-functional peers.
- Successfully manage multiple competing projects and meet deliverable deadlines amid changing requirements
- Ability to excel in a complex, fast paced and dynamic environment
- Must be self-motivated with high energy level and a strong work ethic
- Desire to take on challenges head on and embrace adversity
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, programs and roles
- Commitment to the highest standards of excellence and integrity
- Ability to travel as needed.
As we continue to grow and provide leading edge products to our customers, we understand hiring the right people and treating them well is critical to our success. There are many exciting reasons to join the SP Team.
- We provide a wide range of innovative and high-quality scientific products that improve people’s lives
- We are customer-focused and value our team’s expertise.
- We respect each other and foster a collaboration work environment.
- We innovate and are open to change.
- We are responsible and accountable and act with integrity.
- WE LIKE WHAT WE DO!
SP INDUSTRIES OFFERS:
We are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program focused on your total well-being.
- Competitive compensation package
- A robust health and welfare benefits package that includes: Life, Health, Dental, Vision
- The opportunity to plan for the future with a strong 401(K) including company match!
- Time to recharge with Paid Time Off annually + Paid Holidays
- Career Advancement opportunities and Tuition Assistance to help you achieve your goals and continue your career growth.