Tower Health is an innovative, leading health system dedicated to advancing the health and transforming the lives of the people we serve through compassionate, accessible, high quality, cost-effective healthcare. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screening and education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs and public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be.
Across our system, you'll find many opportunities to build an outstanding career. With more than 14,000 team members, Tower Health offers 25 urgent care facilities and a connected network of 3,200 physicians, specialists, and providers across more than 230 convenient locations.
POSITION SUMMARY :
The role of the Medical Director is to provide medical leadership, supervision, and planning for the 1427 Vine Psychiatry Clinic which is a state licensed outpatient program in Philadelphia. Under the ownership of Hahnemann Hospital, Drexel University and most recently Tower Health, this Clinic has been serving patients with mental illness from Philadelphia and its surrounding areas for more than three decades at its current location, 1427 Vine Street, Philadelphia.
This Clinic has also been a key rotation site for Psychiatry Residency Programs at Drexel and now Tower Health. In addition, this clinic has been a highly desired training program for graduate psychology practicum students from more than 20 universities and colleagues in the country. Strong academic emphasis is a critical component of the clinic.
The Medical Director will provide vision and direction to the Clinic, with a focus on meeting the goals of Department and THMG in patient care, education, and research. Providing excellence clinical care and address the mental health needs in our community is one of the top priorities for this position. The Medical Director will be responsible for the development of and providing clinical oversight of a robust ambulatory and community psychiatry service.
The successful candidate will be appointed to the rank of assistant, associate, or full professor in the Department of Psychiatry Drexel University College of Medicine commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
The Medical Director will report to the Chair, Department of Academic Psychiatry, Tower Health, and Department of Psychiatry Drexel University College of Medicine.
1. Administration and Clinical Service
- Provides leadership, supervision, and direction of ambulatory and community psychiatric services
- Collaborates with Tower Health Medical Group leadership, community mental health partners, to set the standards and optimize behavioral health and psychiatric services.
- Works with all stakeholders to ensure continuous quality improvement and patient safety standards.
- Ensures clinical services and programing meet the standards of regulatory agencies
- Collaborates with all stakeholders to develop and implement behavioral health policies and procedures in clinical care, quality improvement, and patient safety.
- Represents ambulatory and community psychiatry service on healthcare system committees including THMG committees.
- Works closely with the Psychiatry Residency Program Director to ensure the training experience and clinical learning environment meeting the ACGME accreditation standards.
- Work closely with the psychologist faculty to ensure the training experience and clinical learning environment meeting the requirements
- Serves as a role model of collaboration, professionalism, dedication, and work-life balance.
- Carries an adequate caseload and provides direct patient care.
- Provides supervision of a team of psychiatrists and nurse practitioners.
- Promotes collegial relationships with medical staff, nursing, and other staff.
- Guides the delivery of services to assure the highest standard of patient care.
- Work closely with the clinic operation leaders to set, monitor and maintain the productivity target for each clinical provider
- Develops methods to document and benchmark the quality of care delivered.
- Develops, implements, and documents ongoing quality improvement and utilization management programs emphasizing principles of evidence-based medicine. Assures that the quality and cost effectiveness of patient care is evaluated.
- Be accountable for all professional and administrative activities within the clinic
- Maintains continuing review of the professional performance of all practitioners and report as necessary to the Chair, Department of Psychiatry.
- Be responsible for enforcement of the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulation
- Supports the Chair, Department of Psychiatry, and Operation Leadership in strategic planning for the clinic on program development and innovations.
- Works with the Chair, Department of Psychiatry, Medical Staff, and Administration in the cost-effective utilization of resources.
- Coordinates program development and facility planning and efficacy in program delivery.
3. Scholarly Activities
- Oversees, in coordination with the Residency Program Director and Department Chair, the outpatient and community psychiatry experience for the psychiatry residents.
- Participates in the teaching of residents, medical students, and other trainees.
- Supports the development of research in the outpatient setting.
- Collaborates with the Chair, Department of Psychiatry to encourage, support, and grow research endeavors within the Department.
Contact Name: Christopher David
Contact Email: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Contact Phone: 570-401-4510 Call or Text
- Active or eligible for PA License
- Board Certified in general psychiatry
- Fellowship in Community Psychiatry preferred, but not necessary
- Broad outpatient and inpatient psychiatric experience
- Proven track record of team building, clinical supervision, and administrative achievements
- Commitment to teaching and training of medical students and residents