CHEMICAL PROCESS ENGINEER
Great new opportunity to work with a company that's thriving! This is an opportunity to work with a company that offers work/life balance and a fantastic working environment.
We are seeking an experienced Chemical Process Engineer to be responsible for providing day to day plant technical support, driving continuous improvement initiatives and leading process engineering activities for capital projects.
- Provide day to day technical support to the production team and other groups to troubleshoot problems on high priority process issues
- Participate in daily production and MRB meetings as needed to provide updates on process and quality issues
- Resolve and complete root cause analysis on process safety incidents.
- Establish continuous improvement mentality within production team
- Utilize value stream mapping methodology to identify and drive improvements to production processes
- Provide process engineering and technical leadership for capital projects as required for assigned production lines.
- Develop P&ID's, specification documents, process design package and control systemsfunctional design for projects
- Initiate complete MOC's and participate or lead process hazard analysis (PHA's), pre-startup safety reviews and ready to operate reviews
- Ensure process documentation is kept up to date (PFD's, P&ID's, H&M balance, specification sheets, design documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering
- 10+ years experience in process, production, and/or project engineering or equivalent experience.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification or equivalent knowledge
- Ability to produce process design documents and control system interlock and functional design specifications.
- Working knowledge of PLC and DCS control systems
- Process hazard analysis training LOPA and HAZOP