Rahns Construction Material Company, a partner with the H&K Group, Inc a Precast Laborer to be responsible for designing and building forms, pouring concrete, then spreading and smoothing it using trowels or other tools. You may also be required to apply stains to finish the concrete and concluding the process by applying waterproofing and sealants. Your ability to meet job specifications and make top class finishes in concrete work will ensure your success.
Why work for Rahns Construction Material Company?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 100% Company-paid Health Benefits
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan
- Tuition reimbursement programs available to qualifying employees for approved programs
- Additional training programs including on the job, online through H&K Academy, manufacturer offered training, and more
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all work adhering to OSHA and H&K Safety policies
- Designing and building forms
- Setting up the forms
- Pouring concrete
- Using wire mesh to reinforce the concrete
- Spreading and smoothing concrete
- Molding expansion joints and edges
- Using stains or colors to add the finishing touch
- Applying waterproofing and sealant to protect the concrete work
- Monitoring the material to ensure it hardens to a durable finish
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (such as the GED) from an accredited educational institution OR One month of related experience and/or training
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Problem solving
- Ability to fit test & utilize appropriate PPE as needed
- Ability to meet physical requirements (movement, lifting, as relevant to job)
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience working in heavy civil construction, road construction, quarries, or heavy manufacturing
- Experience in Precast Cement and cement manufacturing strongly preferred
- OSHA or other relevant safety certifications
- Regularly required to stand
- Regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to walk
- Occasionally climb or balance
- Occasionally talk or hear
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Vision abilities include depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposed to vibration
- Frequently exposed to high, precarious places
- Noise level is usually very loud
Rahns Construction Material Company is a leading supplier of ready-mix concrete, concrete block, and precast materials in southeastern Pennsylvania, providing the highest product quality and service in the construction industry. With headquarters in Rahns, Pennsylvania, operations in 7 additional areas throughout Pennsylvania, and three portable plants available for specific larger projects, Rahns provides municipalities, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, and builders a wide variety of construction materials and products. Our employees make Rahns Construction Material Company a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for not only their own safety but the safety of others as well.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Rahns Construction Material Company and H&K Group, Inc. At Rahns and H&K, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction, and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that our strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication, and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
100% Company-Paid Health Benefits!