Salus University, founded as the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 1919, today is a diversified, globally recognized professional academic center of learning that offers a wide range of degree programs in the professions of Optometry, Audiology, Physician Assistant, Public Health, Education and Rehabilitation for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Biomedicine, Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology. Salus operates four clinical facilities in the Philadelphia area that provide highly specialized vision, hearing and balance, and speech-language pathology services. The University has more than 1,100 students, including PhD candidates, and more than 12,500 alumni worldwide. For more information, please visit www.salus.edu.
Salus University is seeking a skilled professional to fill the position of Part Time Security Officer. Hours for this position will vary but will primarily be between Friday and Sunday with approximately 21 work hours per week.
Primary Functions: The primary function of the Security Officer is responsible for the day-to-day safety and security of the University and the Eye Institute personnel, property and equipment. Responsible for reporting all safety and security incidents occurring on or about the University campus and involving University students, visitors, staff and facilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patrols assigned areas and checks building security, open buildings and close and secures buildings as appropriate in accordance with the University operating schedule.
- Greets and checks in visitors, vendors and others at main entrances. Verifies appropriateness with requested individual.
- Monitors University locations at base station.
- Provides emergency responses or notification in emergencies such as fire, crime, safety incidents, etc. Reports to designated authority, in writing on appropriate forms, all safety and security incidents.
- Provides escort service to various University locations, as assigned.
- Directs traffic and parking into and on University parking areas, as required.
- May assist local agencies, such as Police, Fire, etc. during University emergencies, as requested.
- Maintains conditions under control and peaceful during emergency periods in accordance with established practice and procedure.
- Reports conditions that may endanger the safety of University employees, students, visitors and/or assets in or on University locations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Two years of security, police, military police or 5 years fire service experience.
Skills and Other Requirements:
- Ability to work all shifts as assigned. Operate CCTV camera system. Successful completion of criminal background and reference checks.
Other Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with Security operations in a University, hospital or corporate environment. Act 120 (Police Certification), Act 235, University degree, CPR and First Aid certification.
Certification or License Required:
- Valid Driver's License in the state of residence.
Hourly Rate: $15.50
Salus University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women/Minorities/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability or other legally protected status.