Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
The primary purpose of the job is to provide professional legal support services within the Legal Affairs department. The ideal talented professional will be responsible for assisting attorneys in all stages of administrative hearing and litigation matters. The incumbent should be team-oriented and comfortable conducting research, data entry, scheduling, case file maintenance, discovery assistance, litigation tracking and other related requests. The incumbent would also possess strong problem-solving skills and confidence in taking ownership of project; also possess communication skills that promote interaction with all levels of the organization with a high level of customer service orientation. To include but not limited to:
- Drafting exhibit and witness lists; legal research; file management; collecting and organizing case files and transmitting documents to interested parties and courts; assisting with discovery; communication with internal and external stakeholders, government agencies and courts; coordinate and schedule calendars; answering the phone.
- Required Associate’s Degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Healthcare or Medical Management experience preferred but, not required.
- Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- 3-5 years litigation experience preferred.
- Proven legal research experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience presenting in person or by phone to administrative law judges or participant advocates.
- Strong attention to detail; strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Note: Presently all of our AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies associates are working remotely due to the Pandemic. We are in the process of building a new headquarter office in Newtown Square. That address is 3805 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, 19073. This role/department will be transitioning there when it is safe to return to the office.