The Associate Operations Manager serves as the second in command to the Operations Manager, responsible for assisting in day-to-day leadership and contributing to the overall successful operation of an individual location. The AOM provides direct support to the Operations Manager and assist with responsibilities as they relate to the department. The Associate OM is responsible for maintaining operational excellence and performing other managerial tasks in the absence of the OM. Like the Operations Manager, the AOM works closely with Leads and Coordinators to ensure members receive exceptional customer service from a friendly staff, in a clean and well-maintained facility.
*This individual must be willing to work evenings and weekends routinely*
City Fitness proudly offers competitive pay based on experience and certified qualifications. Other employment benefits include:
- Complimentary gym membership
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Enhanced Paid-Time Off
- Employee discounts and community partnership perks
- Must have GED or High School or Equivalency
- Prior experience supervising and developing staff is required
- Food Serv-Safe certification not required for hire, but may be a condition of employment depending on the employment
- Must have strong communication skills, and respond well to questions
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Ability to lead and manage others
- Utmost ethical conduct
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve
- Dedication to maintaining personal integrity and one's own health and fitness
- Adapts very well to change and inconsistency in the workplace
- Ability to present oneself, and the company, in a professional manner
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadline
The Associate Operations Manager serves as the second in command to all Front-Line, Retail (location specific), Juice-Bar (location specific) and Cleaning Staff. The AOM provides direct support to the Operations Manager and assist with the daily responsibilities as they relate to the department. The Associate OM is responsible for maintaining company standards, providing general direction, and completing other managerial tasks in the absence of the OM.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that requires a physical onsite presence and a minimum of 40 scheduled hours per work week. Unless otherwise specified, days and hours of work are Saturday through Wednesday, 3pm to 11pm. Weekend and evening work is required routinely, as this individual serves as the weekend/evening manager. Schedule alterations must be approved prior, in writing, by the direct supervisor.
This position requires a medium to moderate amount of intercity travel. Associate Operations Manager's will be expected but not limited to, travel between all locations, as the job duties and trainings demand.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position requires additional screening as a condition of hire.